Protecting hydraulic lines while mulching

/ Protecting hydraulic lines while mulching #1  

scoutcub

Veteran Member
Tractor
Yanmar LX4900//Cub 7532//Cub Yanmar SC2400//Komatsu D38//Cub Volunteer//Cub SZ60/CAT 289C/CAT 308
Hello all-

Running a diamond mulcher and cat 415c and have already changed several lines from material punching thru the lines. I have tried locating the lines out of the way with rubber bungies but they dont stay in place. The canvas sheaths are being punched right thru.
Ive seen the spiral wraps, but cant a stick punch thru an opening since they're not solid....
And ive seen solid drain hose being used....but again i wouldn't think impenetrable? Looking for some input....

/ Protecting hydraulic lines while mulching #2  
can you run the hoses thru a length of pvc pipe?
without pics its a guess.

or mount steel lines up to the mulcher.

/ Protecting hydraulic lines while mulching #3  
Clumsy doof. ;) Yeah, I can't see how that can happen on the ones I've seen so pictures would help.

Ad Rebel Dad infers, steel is you friend. Either steel lines or steel shields.

/ Protecting hydraulic lines while mulching #4  
I am running a Cimaf head and am using a canvas sheath and 45 degree on the fitting. as you can see in the pics I am using a gate spring from HD attached to the other arm. I have not had any line problems for the last 2 years. You have to watch that you don't get too much between the head and the arms, but with a little practice you can clear it easly. The attachment point on the other arm for the spring is a chain link welded to a piece of all thread. Bobcat has a hole in the arm at that point.
KIMG0171.jpgKIMG0172.jpgKIMG0174.jpgKIMG0175.jpg

/ Protecting hydraulic lines while mulching
Appreciate the input! But i cant open the pics...

/ Protecting hydraulic lines while mulching #6  
Not sure what is going on with them. Send me your e-mail and I will send them to you directly.

/ Protecting hydraulic lines while mulching #7  
I am running a Cimaf head and am using a canvas sheath and 45 degree on the fitting. as you can see in the pics I am using a gate spring from HD attached to the other arm. I have not had any line problems for the last 2 years. You have to watch that you don't get too much between the head and the arms, but with a little practice you can clear it easly. The attachment point on the other arm for the spring is a chain link welded to a piece of all thread. Bobcat has a hole in the arm at that point.
View attachment 675550View attachment 675551View attachment 675552View attachment 675553

Same as you, but I welded a hook to the crossbar on the Cimaf and hooked the spring there. No chance of pinching the hose.