Property Dispute Leaves 3 Dead, 1 Injured and 2 In Prison, Maybe For Life

/ Property Dispute Leaves 3 Dead, 1 Injured and 2 In Prison, Maybe For Life #82  
Deeds and Property ownership...

I posted up thread about the one acre school house property returned to the farm 75 years after the farm had donated the land for the school with the stipulation it would be returned should there no longer be a school...

Here is an early picture... there are more somewhere showing kids with horses tied up to the hitching post...

All trace of the school is long gone except right after my brother bought I was walking the land and saw a nearly buried concrete foundation in the far corner of the farm thinking something must have been here way back and there was...

10 girls and 18 boys circa 1910?

I wonder how many of the boys shipped off to Europe in WWI

1701623987567.png

/ Property Dispute Leaves 3 Dead, 1 Injured and 2 In Prison, Maybe For Life #83  
Deeds and Property ownership...

I posted up thread about the one acre school house property returned to the farm 75 years after the farm had donated the land for the school with the stipulation it would be returned should there no longer be a school...

Here is an early picture... there are more somewhere showing kids with horses tied up to the hitching post...

All trace of the school is long gone except right after my brother bought I was walking the land and saw a nearly buried concrete foundation in the far corner of the farm thinking something must have been here way back and there was...

10 girls and 18 boys circa 1910?

I wonder how many of the boys shipped off to Europe in WWI

View attachment 835282
Most of them.

/ Property Dispute Leaves 3 Dead, 1 Injured and 2 In Prison, Maybe For Life #84  
Again, I can only speak for Missouri. You illegally hit a utility here and it's gonna cost you!!!! The tolerances for marking are pretty strict too. Don't quote me but I believe it's within 2ft. For example, if the phone company marks their cable and I hit it more than 2ft from their flag it's on them to make repairs.
Years ago in Redmond WA I tilled up my phone line which was installed by GTE. I was only tilling about 6 inches deep. I called GTE and they were all kinds of mad and told me it was going to be expensive. I told them the phone line was less than 6 inches deep. Well, they sent out a guy who determined that my phone cable was indeed covered with less than 6 inches of dirt when it should have been 18 inches. Then he checked my neighbor's cable and same thing, way too shallow. So they sent out a crew to dig proper depth ditches. No charge to me for tilling up that cable.
Eric

/ Property Dispute Leaves 3 Dead, 1 Injured and 2 In Prison, Maybe For Life #85  
I don’t think my 35 year old copper phone line or my year old fiber line is more than 7-8 inches deep, both were buried with a “wobbler”