Property Dispute Leaves 3 Dead, 1 Injured and 2 In Prison, Maybe For Life

/ Property Dispute Leaves 3 Dead, 1 Injured and 2 In Prison, Maybe For Life #71  
Flip side; was in a meeting with some developers/engineers, who want to redevop a gas station/bar/bait shop, that has been there since 1932. Part of the signal, the sidewalk, heck, even some of the drainage is on their property. A very quick search did not show any Easements to allow these on their property. Now, is there an easement? Probably, but it doesn't show on the deed. Now, somebody has to try to track down microfiche maps,

/ Property Dispute Leaves 3 Dead, 1 Injured and 2 In Prison, Maybe For Life #72  
Features move too. Roads, creeks, shore lines ect, over the coarse of 100 years can shift. Also, property corners get destroyed, lost, or intentionally moved. Some times for the purpose of fraud, some times its just a contractor hits it, and resets it 'close enough'...

/ Property Dispute Leaves 3 Dead, 1 Injured and 2 In Prison, Maybe For Life #73  
I was wrong once………

Then I divorced her!

/ Property Dispute Leaves 3 Dead, 1 Injured and 2 In Prison, Maybe For Life #74  
Old easements can create friction, also. A woman downstate is all stressed out after discovering that the town has a sewer pipe dating back to the 1800s on her land which several of her neighbors tie into. She's been there for 20 years and didn't know about it until she decided to put in a fence.
At least she called dig safe first.

/ Property Dispute Leaves 3 Dead, 1 Injured and 2 In Prison, Maybe For Life #75  
Took me a few years to accept and conform to Dig Rite laws. Especially with high tech buried communications cable now. If you illegally hit it they can bill for lost revenue while it's down. I have an Ap on my phone and can mark a site in 3 minutes max.

/ Property Dispute Leaves 3 Dead, 1 Injured and 2 In Prison, Maybe For Life #76  
Took me a few years to accept and conform to Dig Rite laws. Especially with high tech buried communications cable now. If you illegally hit it they can bill for lost revenue while it's down. I have an Ap on my phone and can mark a site in 3 minutes max.
What ap is that if I may ask?

Sounds interesting

/ Property Dispute Leaves 3 Dead, 1 Injured and 2 In Prison, Maybe For Life #77  
About every two weeks the hospital sidewalk on hospital property gets repainted in a rainbow of colors...

City has a sewer slip line project that was suppose to start last August... I only know this from asking... no notice received.

When utilities were undergrounded lots of new easements created and city paid 20k for the loss if parking spaces for a transformer vault.

It does get old having the private walkway constantly marked up with paint...

Plus, with all underground work that has happened in the last 30 years something always gets screwed up... last time it was the hospital 2" PVC irrigation line... no one said a word and months later I opened the supply valve for summer and had a geyser...

/ Property Dispute Leaves 3 Dead, 1 Injured and 2 In Prison, Maybe For Life #78  
What ap is that if I may ask?

Sounds interesting
I would assume this is available for any State, but since I only use Missouri I can't confirm that. Excellent site that is very, very easy to use. The Utility companies are required by law to respond in a timely fashion. I use this 10-15 times a year and have always gotten great cooperation from the utilities involved. It will even tell you when you create a ticket who the utilities are that will be involved.

Hopefully you have this in your State.

/ Property Dispute Leaves 3 Dead, 1 Injured and 2 In Prison, Maybe For Life #79  
About every two weeks the hospital sidewalk on hospital property gets repainted in a rainbow of colors...

City has a sewer slip line project that was suppose to start last August... I only no this by asking... no notice received.

When utilities were undergrounded lots of new easements created and city paid 20k for the loss if parking spaces for a transformer vault.

It does get old having the private walkway constantly marked up with paint...

Plus, everyone underground work has happened in the last 30 years something always gets screwed up... last time it was the hospital 2" PVC irrigation line... no one said a word.
Again, I can only speak for Missouri. You illegally hit a utility here and it's gonna cost you!!!! The tolerances for marking are pretty strict too. Don't quote me but I believe it's within 2ft. For example, if the phone company marks their cable and I hit it more than 2ft from their flag it's on them to make repairs.