Propane prices

/ Propane prices #1  

sherpa

Platinum Member
Tractor
2004 NH TC33D & 2014 NH Boomer 24
I am trying to decide when to fill my propane tanks at the cheapest price.
I only have to fill them once a year. I have two 100 gallon tanks.
I cant ever figure out what the prices are for propane.
Some people tell me how much it is a pound and then the next person tells me how much it is a gallon?

Anyway, are the prices down like gas or still too high?
sherpa

/ Propane prices #2  
I get our propane metered by the gallon off the delivery truck..

I refilled some BBQ tanks at a place that weighed the tanks (empty vs filled) but then converted the pounds to gallons for billing..

Now the place meters the propane into the BBQ tanks by the gallons (something like 4.7 lbs to fill a 20 lb tank with the overfill protection valve)

Im not sure if prices are up or down.. I would guess down, but not sure

Brian

/ Propane prices #3  
Prices are down here in Arkansas. Dealers are selling now for the price they sold prepay for in the summer, around $2 per gallon.

/ Propane prices #4  
I just got propane for heating my shop last week. $4.89/gallon. My BIL got for house heat for $4.09. This area goes by zones, usage, intended purpose, size of tank-any excuse to jack up the price. I worked for one outfit for four winters, and I can't figure the pricing out either. I only used 73 gallons last year, and that set the usage for this year. Had I used 100+ gallons, I would have gotten a cheaper price, but you can't tell by the tank how much you use(the gauges on the tanks aren't reliable). If I could get propane for $2/gallon, I'd be wearing shorts and a sandles in the shop.

/ Propane prices #6  
I had mine filled last week 88 gallons at $2.38 per gallon.

/ Propane prices #8  
$2.99 /gal today, retail. Probably would have been cheaper if I shopped around.

/ Propane prices #9  
$2.19 here in northern Illinois.

dsb

/ Propane prices #10  
filled yesterday 312gallons for $1.69 gal in mid-michigan last year this time was $2.89