Process for ordering RTV or other Kubota Equipment

/ Process for ordering RTV or other Kubota Equipment #1  

derekuk101

Bronze Member
Tractor
M5-111, M8540, M4900, Ford 3600
Looking at getting an RTV 1140. I know they are hard to come by. What has been your experience in ordering or "getting on a list" for a piece of equipment. I've been told that Kubota may not honor the price and the interest rate until it shows up. I'm prepared to wait 6+ months, I don't really want to get stuck with a much higher interest rate or even a higher price. One dealer I spoke with told me they would just put me on a list and when one came in then they would run the credit check and do all the paper work. Another wanted to run the credit now, and accept part of the down payment. They also seemed like they wouldn't have to run the credit again when the machine came in.

/ Process for ordering RTV or other Kubota Equipment #2  
I spoke with 3 dealers a few months ago when I ordered an 1100C. One had 32 orders in the queue with at least a 12 month wait. One would not take any more orders, "they've over committed, they will not be in-stock for a long time". I asked what's a long time - more than a year. The third had 3 "maybe's" in the queue in front of me, probably a 6 month wait. No dealer would lock in the current price, I even offered to prepay. One said expect to wait another 6 months for a plow and would not order the plow until the RTV came in. The third dealer had the Boss VPlow sitting on the floor, I paid for that and got in the queue. No price until the thing hits the lot, but I've been assured it will be less than the list price. Past experience says about one third of the folks in the queue will drop out before their number comes up. I'm hoping that is true, there are no cash buyers in front of me and I don't care about the color.

If you really want it, get on the list. It makes sense they need to make sure you qualify before putting you in the queue. I'm sure they will also re-run your credit at delivery. Too much can change in 6+ months.

/ Process for ordering RTV or other Kubota Equipment #3  
I applied for and received Kubota approval for the 0% financing offer on the RTV 1100C in June. The dealer told me I was 7th on the list in line for that machine. I plan to do the Boss plow so I don’t think there’s as much of an issue with that. However, I’m not going to order the Boss until I get a hint about delivery of the Kubota. Dealer has no idea when to expect it and will not even give a possible range of dates. I’ll stay in line for mine but since I want it to plow snow, I’ll also be making other plans for this winter.

/ Process for ordering RTV or other Kubota Equipment #4  
I just read this thread. When I bought my RTV-X1100C in summer of 2021 my dealer had lots of them. But when I went to get filters last week he was telling me he didn't have any to sell all summer. I was surprised to hear that.
Guess they are in demand.

And for those of you that say you are getting the Boss vee plow, I have ben very happy with it so far. Was way cheaper than the factory Kubota options. Only thing is you have to remove the front bracket in summer if you go with the receiver hitch mounted winch like I did. My winch mount won't go far enough in to the receiver to pin it in.

I also saw on Machinery Pete on RFD TV that a USED 2020 RTV1100 sold at auction for MORE than I paid for mine new...plus in US dollars!!
Looks like I made a good investment.