Problems with Hustler ZTM or Hustler Customer Service?

/ Problems with Hustler ZTM or Hustler Customer Service?
Describe the issue in more detail please. Both drives work but are not responding well to small inputs? Is it the same with the wheels off the ground? Any difference when worm or cold? When you try to correct for drift are you always using the same side? Could it be a bad bearing (or multiples) on a front caster?
Thanks for looking. Read first post.

It only had about 70 hrs when I first became bothered by this . That was the first time I took it to the dealer and also had the 70 HR service done. They said they couldn't find anything, keep using it and since it's under warranty (3 yr) don't worry.

Last year I complained again and bought it in for a broken deck belt and to have them check out the drive system ( Late Summer 2021 107 hrs). They couldn't find anything wrong in 2+weeks and I needed it back for fall leave cleanup.

I returned it to them after complaining to Hustler Corporate Customer Service Fall of 2021 (who contacted the dealer) just after Thanksgiving, now with 107 hrs on it.

I just contacted them and they said they are trying some things Hustler Service suggested. They suspect one transmission need replacing but don't know which one. I asked them to buy it back from me and they asked if I'd buy something else from them? And of course it's frozen out and they haven't time/conditions to do more testing.

I still suspect they are kicking it down the road until it's out of warranty in 5/2022.

I am hoping they buy it back from me and I'll buy something from a better dealer. Maybe look at a Cub Cadet or JD; they both have dealers w/in 30 minutes. But I'm sure I'll pay more than this unit cost.

Final; they decided the right hand drive unit was the issue and replaced it. Only time will tell, but it will be out of warranty in 2 months. Just got it home yesterday afternoon. The engine guard/tow point is now vibrating but I'm sure I can just tighten the bolts or put in some rubber spacing.

I don't want to ever see the inside of their building again. No longer a dealership I have any faith in or loyalty to.

/ Problems with Hustler ZTM or Hustler Customer Service? #14  
Are you satisfied that the issue is resolved?

/ Problems with Hustler ZTM or Hustler Customer Service? #15  
Please report back and let us know if problem is resolved. Sorry you have had this issue for so long.

I haven't had it out except for a short run onto/off the trailer and around on the gravel drive. If it's not resolve they sure as hell don't care. I think I'll trade it in on this one:
1648488995039.png

Please report back and let us know if problem is resolved. Sorry you have had this issue for so long.
Thanks for following this.

I've had the chance now to use the mower. Finally grass to mow, not much at first, just edges. Yesterday I tried to mow the grass, about 3 acres total in several different plots. I got the front yard, side yard and roadside meadow and pond meadows cut. The mower still pulls to the right slightly but it corrects back straight OK. They adjusted the levers to make them MUCH stiffer and I don't like that.

But as I was moving to the back yard (which is least important) the left control lever got really floppy, like there was no longer any resistance or damping. It still drove so I got it to the driveway, got my trailer and loaded it up to take to the dealer in Loysville, PA, as it was now 7:15pm.

This morning I called Hustler Corporate since I've had such poor experience with the selling dealer's service dept. It was Corporate Customer service who got the local dealer to get on the ball last fall. (BTW they had the mower from October 21 til March 2022. Running out the warranty clock). There is another Hustler dealer about 10 miles further than where I bought it from and I was looking for an OK to take it there.

Diane at corporate was very nice (she was involved last year) and will contact the local Regional Manager and they will be in touch with me.

Footnote: They had this unit for diagnose/repair at 70 hours, again at 107 hours and returned it with 124 hours. It broke yesterday at 132 hours.

/ Problems with Hustler ZTM or Hustler Customer Service? #18  
Yuck. Sorry to hear about your bad luck.

Update. Since I contacted Hustler Corporate one week ago the promised call from the Regional Service Manager has not happened. I dropped it off at a much larger dealer/service shop further away who said they would be happy to service it and would NOT put it at the end of the Q. He said the work on the FIFO concept. He also estimated 1 week turnaround. The other dealer doesn't even make appointments for service/repair that quickly.

Since this other business also sells/services/rents Bobcat they should be also able to service my Kioti. It's just a little further away.

Best Line, Mechanicsburg called w/in a day. Said it needed new dampers and found the bearings on the mower deck were bad (maybe that made it so loud) and the idler pulleys were bad. Parts on order.