Problems encountered and likes with 30 hours on my MT 125

/ Problems encountered and likes with 30 hours on my MT 125 #1  

jdeilus

Silver Member
Tractor
LS MT 125 (still waiting for delivery)
I already put 30 hours on my MT125 and want to share some of the problems and likes that I have.
Problems:
Control valve for back house had a lot of play and the stick itself became loose. There were four hex head bolts that were loose which caused the free play. I also tightened the nut on the handle. The wiring leading up to the seat safety switch is crushed. Causing intermittent shutting down of the tractor. Front end loader joystick has a lot of free play. The stick will hit the throttle lowering my RPMs. The HEX head bolts seem tight, so I don’t know what is causing the free play.
My likes: It is a beast. Lived up to all my expectations so far. I dug out 4 stumps, leveled and area to put a carport, Dug out a berm to let my yard drain water after a hard rain, dug a few big holes to bury stuff, removed a bunch of rotting landscaping boards and I check my mail when my wife is not looking. So far my likes out way my problems. I would like to know of any ideas about the FEL joystick play. I temporarily fixed the seat wiring.

/ Problems encountered and likes with 30 hours on my MT 125 #2  
I get the impression since your heading says you're still waiting for delivery this must be a brand new tractor. If that's the case the dealer should attend to the excessive play in your loader control. I can't help thinking if the wiring had been properly routed under the seat it would have never been crushed in the first place. Good luck to you and enjoy the new tractor.

/ Problems encountered and likes with 30 hours on my MT 125 #3  
There is a nut similar the nuts on the BH levers. It is located under the big rubber boot on the loader joystick. That nut is probably loose. You can also adjust the position of the joystick so it doesn't hit the throttle lever, then tighten the nut.

I was in the middle of plowing snow on my half mile driveway when the joystick would barely control any movement.... drove back to the garage thinking the loader valve was shot. Tightened up that nut and was good to go. Only had about 25-30 hours on it at the time, never had it happen again in 220 hours.

Hopefully that's all it is. There were a lot of nuts / bolts that were found to be barely tight when I went over them shortly after the joystick incident.

/ Problems encountered and likes with 30 hours on my MT 125 #4  
Oh, I forgot, my wiring under the seat also started to get crushed. I remember putting plastic wire loom over it and zip tying it to keep it centered.... I can't remember the specifics how I did it to keep it out of harms way....

/ Problems encountered and likes with 30 hours on my MT 125 #5  
...dug a few big holes to bury stuff....

my goodness... sounds like the start of a Netflix mystery..... :)

the seat switch issue.. is it the wiring or the switch that gets crushed?
Is it because of having to move the seat for BH work?

I'll play close attention to this when my 125 arrives.... *IF* it ever arrives...

/ Problems encountered and likes with 30 hours on my MT 125 #6  

Well you know...

51taG-KICkL._AC_.jpg

:)

/ Problems encountered and likes with 30 hours on my MT 125 #7  
This ^^

For the seat wiring issue: if you feel more comfortable, simply jump the circuit and move the wires below the seat out of the way. Problem solved. My tractor recently got an update that enabled the seat switch, which I then had to jump. I used some left over H11 plugs (the ones for headlights) to make a jumper. If for any reason, I need to make it work again, I can simply unplug my jumper and plug the seat back in. Routing the wires out of harms way, I think is the key.

For the joystick, you can simply tighten it up. Like what ls mt125 owner said. Its a simple solution that has been documented on here a few times.

And there is nothing wrong with driving your tractor to the mailbox. :drink:

/ Problems encountered and likes with 30 hours on my MT 125

the seat switch issue.. is it the wiring or the switch that gets crushed?
Is it because of having to move the seat for BH work?

I'll play close attention to this when my 125 arrives.... *IF* it ever arrives...

I always liked to dig holes and bury things. It must be the Italian in me.

The wire is crushed. Any adjustment to the seat you have to be aware of the wires.

I waited a long 6 weeks for my tractor.

/ Problems encountered and likes with 30 hours on my MT 125
This ^^

For the seat wiring issue: if you feel more comfortable, simply jump the circuit and move the wires below the seat out of the way. Problem solved. My tractor recently got an update that enabled the seat switch, which I then had to jump. I used some left over H11 plugs (the ones for headlights) to make a jumper. If for any reason, I need to make it work again, I can simply unplug my jumper and plug the seat back in. Routing the wires out of harms way, I think is the key.

For the joystick, you can simply tighten it up. Like what ls mt125 owner said. Its a simple solution that has been documented on here a few times.

And there is nothing wrong with driving your tractor to the mailbox. :drink:

I unplugged the harness and added a jumper.

I don’t know about the joystick. I checked the nut and it is very tight.