PROBLEM FIXED! Can I pull the valves out of this switching block?

/ PROBLEM FIXED! Can I pull the valves out of this switching block? #1  

Fixastuff

Veteran Member
Tractor
Massey
This block switches between the trencher and the vibratory. The trencher works at full power but the vibrator never gets fully up to speed and looses all power when the drive wheels are activated. Also the trencher slightly spins then the vibrator is selected making me the the switch valve isn't fully activating.

I want to pull the two valve out of the top of the big block and check the screens for obstructions. The previous owner exclusively used the trencher so I think they might be stuck from lack of use.

Just wanted to make sure I wasn't going to make things worse trying to fix it myself.

20220808_102359.jpg
20220808_102413.jpg
20220808_102418.jpg

/ PROBLEM FIXED! Can I pull the valves out of this switching block? #2  
Are there markings on the two valves that you want to remove? They look like externally vented valves of some sort but no clue exactly what they are. Their are a few companies that might have installed loose components below those caps so a little hesistant to say go for it without a little additional information.

/ PROBLEM FIXED! Can I pull the valves out of this switching block?
I pulled the two valves out of the top and was disappointed to find them looking good with no screen to clog and clean. So I put it back together with the same result.

Then I tried swapping them, this resulting in the engine bogging because if blocked hydraulic flow.

So I took them out again and set a bolt on the bench and tried using that to move the plungers on the inside. One of them moved easily and sprung back into place. The other was locked solid. So I knew I was on to something.

I took the one that wouldn't move and put it in the hydraulic press with a socket that was slightly smaller that the plunger. I cranked it down and the plunger moved and some crap came put if the top of the valve where it vents to atmosphere. I worked it a few more times and it finally freed up.

I guess the lack of use allowed moisture to build up causing corrosion and jamming it up.

Put everything back together and the valve is switching properly with much more shake from the vibrator box and no movement from the trencher. I'll check on the price of the valve tomorrow and buy a new one if the price is anywhere near reasonable.

I'm a happy man!