Private Messages PM's

/ Private Messages PM's #1  

thcri

Elite Member
Tractor
New Holland TC29D, 2001
I don't like the way the new forum notifies you that you have a new message. The old forum had a flashing letter that you could see pretty good. Another forum that I am in and uses this same format pops up a big message stating you have a message.

This just puts a 1 in the upper right hand corner and you just don't notice it.

I hope this is something that can be fixed to warn us that we have a message.

murph

/ Private Messages PM's #2  
thcri said:
I don't like the way the new forum notifies you that you have a new message. The old forum had a flashing letter that you could see pretty good. Another forum that I am in and uses this same format pops up a big message stating you have a message.

murph

Mine does pop up a dialogue box telling me that I have a new private message. But it says something about clicking here if you want to see it, and that doesn't work. It just gets rid of that dialogue box.

/ Private Messages PM's #3  
thcri said:

murph
murph,
Up at the top of the page click on My Home, it used to be called User Control Panel. The click on Edit Options on the left hand side under Settings and Options. Scroll down to Private Messages and you can click the little box to activate the pop-up for PM's that we're used to on another site.