Printed Service Manuals

/ Printed Service Manuals #1  

Mike_in_Missouri

Bronze Member
Tractor
A plain New Holland Workmaster 120
I was quoted about $850 for a printed service manual for a 2023 Workmaster 120, today, by my dealer. Anyone know if a better price is available for a genuine New Holland service manual for this tractor? $850 seems excessive. And out of print, too!

/ Printed Service Manuals #2  
   / Printed Service Manuals #3  
No advice on where to buy, but his/their prices are prohibitive. It sounds like they really don't want you to have that info. I just bought Workshop Service Manual and the Parts Catalog for my Kubota for /$130 & $79. In fact, I've previously bought WSM's for every new pieces of equiment & vehicles and never paid prices like $800+ for one.

/ Printed Service Manuals #4  
$850 seems excessive.
Before I retired when we ordered CAT equipment we ordered manuals with them (now it's all online via subscription so they're getting money every year from you) . At that time a manual either printed or .PDF was $1500. Mind you the paper version was shipped in three cartons which were over 18" high when stacked and were a pia to read as each volume was over 1-1/2" thick.

/ Printed Service Manuals #5  
Sounds expensive, I just ordered the WSM, Parts Book, and Engine Overhaul manual for my 1840M from AGCO for <$300. AGCO has a website dedicated to purchasing technical publications, they offer printed, or a variety of electronic formats. I would guess that you can buy directly from New Holland as well.

/ Printed Service Manuals #6  
This one is much less. It is PDF though, not printed.

Yes but with the $650 he saved he can buy a lot of printer paper and toner.

/ Printed Service Manuals #7  
If you buy a PDF version, you can upload it to Lulu.com, and they will print it, on demand, in multiple formats for you to choose from. I bought the PDF factory service manual for my Mahindra, had it uploaded to Lulu.com, and printed in color, spiral bound format, for <$50, delivered. Setting up the PDF to print, costs nothing, until you order your hardcopy.

Different options offered: low-quality ink (inkjet -- don't get the pages wet!), high quality ink (laser printer toner, ink is waterproof, but the paper is not), high/low quality paper (rougher/smoother clay type paper). I recommend high quality ink and paper, in color. Spiral bound will allow you to lay it open to every page, without issue.

Only catch is if they added locking software: Lulu will tell you they can't print the PDF, if it does. I subscribed to a professional PDF editor ($12/month -- canceled after two weeks, as I was done with it) to strip out the protection embedded into other PDF files I wanted hard copies of, then I uploaded them to Lulu.com. I've printed a few, OOP PDF's into books through Lulu.com: quality is what you pay for, but even the low quality ink/paper hardcover books are superb. Four PDF's I made into hardcover books (only ever printed as softcovers by their maker) three low quality, one high quality ink and paper.

For frequently used pages, print off a copy from your PDF, and laminate it, to protect it for decades. I did this with the oil change pages for some motorcycle manuals: lists the torque spec's for the oil plugs and filter cover bolt (three bolts, two different torque values: aluminum oil pan and filter cover, so 14-18 ft.-lbs., and little tolerance for excessive torque -- replacement parts not available for many years...). Cheers!

/ Printed Service Manuals #8  
Fuse box location, head light fuse, tn 65 new holland