Pricing out an L6060

/ Pricing out an L6060 #1  

MinnesotaEric

Tractor
Kioti NX6010
I visited Lano Equipment today to look at and listen to the L6060.

Priced out with a 1055 loader, an HD 72" bucket with a replaceable bar, swivel air seat, 3 spool valves, draft control, mid PTO, 3rd function, all the lights, top and tilt kit, and maybe something I'm forgetting about came in at $51,200ish before tax.

I'm comparing the Kubota with Deere's 4066R and Massey's MF1758 and I made a video after driving the tractor around a bit flipping forward and back and turning.

/ Pricing out an L6060 #2  
What's your plan with the tractors your looking at? For about the same money you could get twice the tractor. I was really hung on getting a hydro till I ran power shifter.

/ Pricing out an L6060 #3  
What's your plan with the tractors your looking at? For about the same money you could get twice the tractor. I was really hung on getting a hydro till I ran power shifter.

That's what I was thinking. That's a lot of $$ for a 60hp ta tractor. If I was spending that kind of money I'd be looking at an M series tractor without question.

/ Pricing out an L6060
I plan to use it to selectively clear and subdivide 2900 feet of lakeshore property and build a little under 1 mile of road and grade in preparation for foundations. I will be using a HD bucket, root grapple, top and tilt, box blade, most likely a 6' Woods BB6000X rotary cutter, a snow plow mounted on the loader, and a 3PT blower. From what I've seen and learned, if I thought I wouldn't burn out the clutches in a sync-shuttle, a used 2012 or new Deere cab on 5083 would be a bargain. As it is, I cannot afford a larger CVT tractor and the little 50hp CVT from Case I believe to be too small for my needs.

I also hope to pick up some for hire work with it as well.

That all said, what are you thinking?

/ Pricing out an L6060 #5  
You're saying that you think you'll burn out clutches on a power-shuttle? I really doubt you'll have a problem with that, and even if you have to do the clutch, you'd still save money versus the L.

/ Pricing out an L6060 #6  
I plan to use it to selectively clear and subdivide 2900 feet of lakeshore property and build a little under 1 mile of road and grade in preparation of foundations. I will be using a HD bucket, root grapple, top and tilt, box blade, most likely a 6' Woods BB6000X rotary cutter, a snow plow mounted on the loader, and a 3PT blower. From what I've seen and learned, if I thought I wouldn't burn out the clutches in a sync-shuttle, a used 2012 or new Deere cab on 5083 would be a bargain. As it is, I cannot afford a larger CVT tractor and the little 50hp CVT from Case I believe to be too small for my needs.

I also hope to pick up some for hire work with it as well.

That all said, what are you thinking?
Stepping into the next larger series of tractors with power shuttle(power reverser) will do any of that work with no problems. Your utility tractors are going to put up with much more wear and tear then any of the hydro trans. Pulling, pushing, ground engaging are far superior on the larger machines. The draw back are their size and weight. The next series tractors will also have twice to three times the lift power for FEL work.

/ Pricing out an L6060
One Massey dealer did suggest I look at their 4600 machine, their smaller framed utility tractor. Trouble is that machine is 5k more and that is before piling on options.

I mean guys, these things are all expensive. My best price on a 4066R set up like the Kubota quote is $52K plus tax. The Massey MF1758 without tax is $45500.

/ Pricing out an L6060 #9  
For the $$$$ that you are looking at, you really need to look at the next larger (utility size machine) Waaaaaaay more machine for about the same money.;)

/ Pricing out an L6060
calhoun9001, I get it. I can get a bigger tractor for about the same amount of money and for the life of me, I don't know why the compact tractors are so much money. I've found the 83E at tractorhouse with loaders for less than $40K and they have a shedload more power. My application is selective clearing on slopes while winding around the "keeper" trees (people buy lake homes in Minnesota for the location, lakes and the trees and then they look at the home in that order). My thinking is that at some point the tractor starts to get too big.

Transmission wise, I watched a nice survey via demo of different tractor transmissions and I thought the hydros where the way to go with how much forward and back I'd need to do.

That said, I'd making an pilgrimage down to Iowa to look at the gear version of the MF1758, a MF1759 which is every bit as expensive as the 1758. :confused3: