Price Check Pricing for a CK20

/ Pricing for a CK20 #1  

Barr

Hello, first post although I have been reading posts for a few months now. Pretty much decided on going with the CK20 HST or manual with FEL and 60" RMM for the 3.25 acres we are currently building on. Will use this for multiple tasks over the next few years and then primarily to mow grass and clear snow off the 400 foot driveway. Would like to have an idea of what to pay as well as any suggestions(PM only please) on other brands/tractors I should look at prior to purchasing. Also, did Kioti extend the 0% finanacing? I know Kubota did.

thanks in advance for all of your help!!

/ Pricing for a CK20 #2  
Welcome to TBN Barr.

I have a CK20 that I use on my property (just under 4 acres) and find it a very capable machine.
I would figure on spending around $17,000 for a TLB set-up. I searched and couldn't find a better "bang for the buck" when I bought mine in March.
As for the 0%, see this web page . Hope this helps you. G

/ Pricing for a CK20 #3  
If you have never really used a tractor before, you may not want to go with the gear drive CK20 as it does not have an independent PTO. In other words, when you push the clutch, you shut off the PTO every time and if you let out the clutch, the PTO will push the tractor, as long as you are in gear. Up close work can be tedious if you're not used to it.
The HST model has an independent PTO and is much safer in up close work. John

/ Pricing for a CK20 #4  
I have been usking a ck20 hst for about 3 months now and am very pleased with its performance. I have had zero waranty issues and just did the 50 hour maintenance in about 40 minutes. I have a small grape vineyard that I use the ck for spraying and mowing. The small size, short turning radius are perfect for what I am doing. I also rotary mow 7 acres of very hilly ground 20 to 30 degree slope. I found the hst also great for this because I can backup and then drive down the steepest parts and keep very stable. It handled some very thick honey suckle with the 52 inch cutter without any real strain. A few more horsepower wouldn't hurt anything but overall its plenty. Last week my daughter flipped our Camry into a ditch near our house (she wasn't hurt). The car is totaled, but I took the Kioti down there and was able to put a tow strap on the car and drag it out of the ditch on its roof, up hill about 5 feet back into the middle of the gravel road and then was able to roll it back on the wheels and towed it a mile home. I hope this helps. Good luck with your choice.

/ Pricing for a CK20
Yesterday was my first time ever on a tractor as I drove the CK20 HST and a LK3054 standard. I realize these are pretty different tractors but the dealer was willing to give me "a great deal" on the 3054 so I thought I would drive it. I really like the HST but have heard many times to buy more tractor if you can afford it. We are in the middle of building a house so I don't feel I can afford anything so I might as well spend a couple more thousand...maybe... I am concerned about the added weight of the 3054 while mowing grass.

/ Pricing for a CK20 #6  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( ... I am concerned about the added weight of the 3054 while mowing grass. )</font>
The LK3054's weight shouldn't be a major problem unless you have really soft wet ground which would be a problem with much smaller tractors. At least it shouldn't be a major difference in the range for which we're discussing. Keep in mind that there are older new models of the LK3054, plus the new, improved LK3054XS. They are set up very differently and have different hydraulic flow rates. Make sure if you're buying the older model (gear shift in the middle) that you get a better deal on it than the newer XS model if you decided that way. John

/ Pricing for a CK20 #7  
Welcome Barr!

Based on your intended uses, for someone to try and sell you a 3054 for 3+ acres mad me nuts. /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif It just sounds crazy even if you had the <font color="green"> $$$ </font> to spend. You may want to talk to a dealer who will sell you what you need and not whatever he can sell you. Search around the discussions and you will find people with CK20's with much larger chunks of land doing much more work.

I have a CK20 and 10.5 acres and the only reason I am upgrading to a CK30 is I want large attachments to get things done a bit quicker. My CK20 has been great. It is reliable and its' size makes it very manuverable.

Don't even think about a bigger machine. Get it and /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Rollerskate

/ Pricing for a CK20 #8  
Rollerskate, I have to agree with you about not needing a 3054. I somehow missed the 3.25 acre part of the post. The CK20 is as much tractor as anyone would need for that property and the driveway too.
I have 2,4, and 5 acres, plus I do work for some others that have more, and the CK20 does a great job.
However, if Barr can get a really good price for the LK3054, only a little more than a CK20, I WOULD go for the larger of the two in case he moves to more property later and needs something to pull larger implements. It's possible to get one for about $2K more than CK20 (depends on much). John

/ Pricing for a CK20 #9  
OK, John. I can go along with that as long as getting more/bigger property is in the plan, otherwise faagetaboutit. It sort of made me think of a dealer I went to when I was thinking about a CK30 or DK35. He said "I don't have either right now and am not to sure when they will be coming in. However I'll give you a nice deal on the DK55 over there."

"WHAT??? A DK55 for my 10 1/2 acres! Are you nuts?"

"It's a great tractor and it's here." he says.

"I'm sure it is. But I think it's time you get the dosage changed on your meds. I've only got 10 1/2 acres."

I vote stay with the CK20 unless more land is in the plan.

/ Pricing for a CK20 #10  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( OK, John. I can go along with that as long as getting more/bigger property is in the plan, otherwise faagetaboutit. )</font>
The 3054 is not a large tractor. I know people with larger tractors on less property. Henro is always alluding to someone, I can't remember the name, who uses a much larger tractor on 1/2 acre site.
I've tried out the 3054, and I can easily say that it wouldn't be too large for what I do with my CK20. I wouldn't mind having one at all, and as a matter of fact, I plan to add a DK45 later. 101/2 acres for a DK55? Why not. That's plenty of room to run a tractor that size, and you could do just about anything you wanted much faster. Of course, if what you want is 30 or 35, the price difference would be rediculous, and you're right, the dealer should get back on his meds. But it's not too large for 10 1/2 acres if that's what one wants. John