Pricing a MF1759 help

/ Pricing a MF1759 help #1  

MinnesotaEric

Tractor
Kioti NX6010
I want to increase my productivity and after a long online comparison and tire kicking, I've rejected getting a skid loader or a Toolcat. While I understand a skid loader would give me the biggest bang for my buck, a skid loader would tear up turf and over the long haul be expensive to operate. A tool cat looks really good on turf and hard surfaces, but it gets stuck too easily and has the more maintenance issues primarily being that parts are stupid expensive.

And so I circled my wagons and came back down to a heavy compact tractor.

While entertaining trying to find a MF1660, I asked my closest Massey dealer to price out a MF1759.

They priced out a MF1758 instead. Either way, this looks expensive.

MF1758 HL with Servo HST, cab, 4x4 $39,221
Add industrial tires $2,124
DL130 loader $4,569

I asked for a price on a combo bucket, they priced out a 72" HD bucket instead at $1,102

I want to ability to use Bobcat skid steer attachments, the adaptor plate they priced out at $678

A MF dozer blade which they could not confirm is a six way is priced at $4,536

I asked if the CB25 backhoe fits like it does on the MF1660, but they priced out the smaller CB20 backhoe at $9,670

Charging for freight and assembly $1760

They offered me a 12% cash discount ($60,012) but the total of the above at $68,195 if I use the 0% for 72 months.

I'm hoping to be able to use this tractor on my own land but also use it to pick up side job business. I don't know much about new tractor pricing but this seems high and this will be a significant cost for me to be able to start a side business grading lake home driveways and clearing snow.

Should I pack up my equipment trailer and head on down the road to another dealer?

/ Pricing a MF1759 help #2  
Should just get the quote you asked for.

/ Pricing a MF1759 help
Should just get the quote you asked for.

Most interesting to me is the 12% difference between using Massey's finance program or the cash price where I line up my own financing. It's like anti-help.
Nevertheless, I'd like to know if Massey's dozer blade is a six-way, if a CB25 can fit and so forth along with pricing.

Last edited:
   / Pricing a MF1759 help #4  
I'd get a quote from another dealer. Sounds high on top of the fact they didn't price out what you actually asked for.

/ Pricing a MF1759 help #5  
You could buy a HECK of a skid-steer with many attachments for that price. We've got a CAT 262 for more serious loader work and it runs circles around any tractor. Maintenance isn't any more than a tractor, either. A skid-steer is also MUCH more rugged.

/ Pricing a MF1759 help #6  
Dozer blade is 4 way. And the cb20 backhoe is what will go on that machine. Eventually. When agco gets they're head out of their butt and figures out mounts. And tell that dealer to get their head out of they're butt too. They must sell a bunch of big stuff? Quite frankly for the 70k they quoted, I'll buy a tractor here and deliver it out to you. And take you to lunch. A few times.

/ Pricing a MF1759 help
Dozer is a 4 way? then it is a snow blade. Okay, just about everybody makes a 6-way. And the CB25 that works with the 1660 isn't compatible with the 1759? From reading this forum, I was under the impression that the 1660 and 1759 shared the same rear end, but apparently not.

In so far as expensive, what should I expect to pay?

/ Pricing a MF1759 help #8  
As far as I know the cb25 was discontinued.

/ Pricing a MF1759 help
As far as I know the cb25 was discontinued.

Discontinued? That explains that.

I wonder if I should look into Bradco backhoes? Anybody have any experience with them?

I watched the Bradco 4 in 1 66" bucket video from Everything Attachments and it looks like they put some thought into it.

/ Pricing a MF1759 help
Question:

The HST better for loader work than the power shuttle?

My only experience with tractor loaders has been with Deere HST machines with foot controlled forward and reverse.