Price Check Price check, Sanity check

/ Price check, Sanity check #11  
I have a line on a B2150 HST 4x4. Oil is dark but does not smell burnt and has lubricity. No maintenance records. Air filter and oil filter clean and appear recent. Motor very clean. Grease points over-greased if anything. HST oil reportedly changed at 900 hrs. It has a RC60-21B midmount mower, 6 foot York rake and LA 350 loader. Bucket is 48 inches, straight and with original cutting edge. Looks like the tractor was used for mowing. Everything works as it should. He wants 8 grand. (Came down to 8 grand.) Crazy?

Without knowing quite enough, so far it sounds like a good deal on a good tractor. What are you planning to do with it?
My first impression is this is a very straightforward deal - except for the lack of maintenance records. Does it at least have owners manuals? It is sort of weird for a tractor to not have manuals and records of some sort.... especially so since from the attachments it sounds like this was mainly a homeowner type mowing, driveway, and snow removal tractor.

Your description of the oil sounds typical of normal diesel oil in good condition. I often change oil on a new-to-me machine anyway just to get a baseline. And also I change HST fluid because in a hydrostatic transmission I absolutely insist on a higher quality HST oil such as Kubota's SUDT2 - especially in the winter, and even more so for a Vermont winter. That high quality HST oil does cost more. Worth it, though.

If that is the kind of useage it had, those 900 hours are very easy ones and you can expect it to perform without any changes for another 20 years. Which tires does it have? That will tell us something.

How much upkeep it will need will probably depend on if it has lived most of its life inside or out. Sun is hard on plastic and rubber, but it it was shedded, things like hydraulic hoses & tires would be fine for another decade. Still, a homeowner machine with 900 hours in 20 years is about right. No doubt you are comfortable evaluating hoses, cables, battery, & tires or you would not be looking for a used machine in the first place. All these things are easy maintenance items anyway.

I like these older machines - I like the way they look and run. So far it sounds like a fair deal to me. Not a steal, just a fair deal. We could tell a little more if we had history & photos, and knew what you want to do with it.
rScotty

/ Price check, Sanity check #12  
blocage de vitesse, means "speed lock". It's French.

Joe

Edit, probably means a form of cruise control.

/ Price check, Sanity check #13  
most likely some form of cruise control. vitesse can translate to speed or gear depending on the context.

/ Price check, Sanity check #14  
I have a B2150HST with MMM and FEL and I have had two "Trade-In" offers from dealers.

One was $4,000 and another was $8,000.annual service done. Oil change, lubrication, serviced the mower deck, new mower blades etc.

It just now came out of the local dealer from having the usually

I have less than 1,000 hours on the tractor, and it has been garage kept.

My tractor DOES have the Bi-Speed turn on it, and the upgraded alternator package.

I am probably going to sell it out right and will "ask" $8,000.

I have seen some on Fleabay for anywhere from $5,000 to $8,000, but most of the ones on ebay are really rough looking.