Price Check Price check, Sanity check

/ Price check, Sanity check #1  

Surgeon

Silver Member
Tractor
MF 1428
I have a line on a B2150 HST 4x4. Oil is dark but does not smell burnt and has lubricity. No maintenance records. Air filter and oil filter clean and appear recent. Motor very clean. Grease points over-greased if anything. HST oil reportedly changed at 900 hrs. It has a RC60-21B midmount mower, 6 foot York rake and LA 350 loader. Bucket is 48 inches, straight and with original cutting edge. Looks like the tractor was used for mowing. Everything works as it should. He wants 8 grand. (Came down to 8 grand.) Crazy?

/ Price check, Sanity check #2  
OH, boy - - watch out for a stolen tractor being sold. Get bill of sale or letter of credit being paid off.

/ Price check, Sanity check #3  
It comes down to supply and demand...around here in the South that is a fair to slightly high price depending on overall condition...
I see B series with similar packages (FEL, HST, MMM) with half the hours for $8K or less...

/ Price check, Sanity check #4  
My area is typically on the mid to higher end for prices, $8K would be a good price for that tractor but not crazy low.
The B2150 was made from 88-96 so it's at least 22years old and has close to 1000hrs, seems like a reasonable decent reasonable price to me.

/ Price check, Sanity check #5  
For comparison I paid $11.5K for my 1995 M4700 back in 2013 in Northern Virginia, so I don't think that $8K is that much of a steal if the implements are the same age.
8x6SAM_0798.jpg

How are the hydraulic lines?

/ Price check, Sanity check #6  
For comparison I paid $11.5K for my 1995 M4700 back in 2013 in Northern Virginia, so I don't think that $8K is that much of a steal if the implements are the same age.
View attachment 574673

How are the hydraulic lines?

AGREED!!!

/ Price check, Sanity check #7  
I just sold my 2016 B2320 hst with a fel and 110 hours for 13k. Like new condition. No mower or attachments.

/ Price check, Sanity check #8  
I have a line on a B2150 HST 4x4. Oil is dark but does not smell burnt and has lubricity. No maintenance records. Air filter and oil filter clean and appear recent. Motor very clean. Grease points over-greased if anything. HST oil reportedly changed at 900 hrs. It has a RC60-21B midmount mower, 6 foot York rake and LA 350 loader. Bucket is 48 inches, straight and with original cutting edge. Looks like the tractor was used for mowing. Everything works as it should. He wants 8 grand. (Came down to 8 grand.) Crazy?

That's a good tractor and they sell well. It will bring his price if in good condition and looks good.

Check the bushings in the MMM gage wheels. They will be worn out or loose in the wheels were not regularly greased. Each wheel assembly costs around $100.

Bi Speed Turn was optional on the 2150 but expensive so not common. It's handy for mowing with the MMM. Might want to have another peek.

I have the little brother B1750HSDT with 60" MMM and companion grass catcher, bought new in 1993. Best purchase that I've made in my life. I would not sell mine for $8,000 and it has no FEL but does have Bi-Speed Turn.

SDT

/ Price check, Sanity check
Wheels are all good. How would I know if it has bi speed? Also anyone know what “blocage de vitesse” does? Google translates it as shift lock. There is a diff lock but that is a different pedal.

/ Price check, Sanity check #10  
Wheels are all good. How would I know if it has bi speed? Also anyone know what “blocage de vitesse” does? Google translates it as shift lock. There is a diff lock but that is a different pedal.
If it has Bi speed steering it'll be pretty prominently badged on the side of the hood/side panels. Unless someone had it repainted. Sorry can't help with the translation, where did you see it?