Price Check Price check on a CK20

/ Price check on a CK20 #1  

kcook

Platinum Member
Tractor
Cub Lawn Tractor
Hi I needto find out how this price is. a CK20 HST with Loader, and 60" mid mount mower for $14,250. Is this high or low. LEt me know.

KC

/ Price check on a CK20 #2  
This is a hard area to comment on, too many variables. I would say it's not a bad price but you've room to talk some freebies in like loaded tires if you want them, and/ or a bunch of filters if you're going to do your own maintenance. One other thing you might want to consider.........drop the hydro drive and you've taken a big chunk out of the price of a tiller. Hope I helped or at the very least did no harm.
Regards, Jamie

/ Price check on a CK20
The price is on a new 04. I don't know if that make a difference.

KC

/ Price check on a CK20 #5  
It really will be regional. Hard to understand, but that is a good deal from the quotes I got. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

/ Price check on a CK20 #6  
Excuse me, I read loader twice and I now assume he meant 60" MMM. Yes, that would be a good price...........Sorry!

/ Price check on a CK20 #7  
I didn't even see that Greg. hahahaha.
(hmmm. That could be my next big idea /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif MML)

/ Price check on a CK20 #8  
That price don't seem to bad. Did you get some seat time on it? You you ride and drive any model tractor you are interested in. I do beleave the CK20 will be a great fit for your needs.

Regards;

Glen

/ Price check on a CK20
No I ran out of time, I plan on going back to take it for a test drive and use the mower.

KC

/ Price check on a CK20 #10  
I suppose the price is reasonable for loader and mower included.
When you test it out though, I think you should be trying out a box blade attached rather than just the mower. Make that tractor do some of the harder work that you may end up doing.

Mowing in heavy brush can tell you some things, but doing some ground engaging work will be more definitive as to whether this is the tractor you need.

It takes a little practice to use a boxblade just right, and trying to dig in with rippers too aggressively can bring an HST to a quick stop, so understand that sometimes you need to play with the depth some. I feel this will be a better test than just mowing.

I do an awful lot with my CK20, but if I were buying today, I think I'd go with the CK25 or CK30 with all their extras for not too much more money. Larger frame, more power, easier hookups with telescoping hitch arms and stabilizers.

As for price, a breakdown of the prices for each piece would give me more room to speculate. Price increases have come along since I bought mine in Jan. 04 and I got the tractor and loader for 12,500. Boxblade and backhoe brought it up to $16,681.

I hope this is informative and helpful to some extent.
John