Price Check Price check on a BX25

/ Price check on a BX25 #1  

auroraproject

Tractor
BX25
The local Kubota dealer (3 of the local ones were all about the same price) quote 5% off MSRP plus tax and dealer delivery.

The tractor is (they don't have one in stock)
BX25
Industrial tires
12" Bucket
3 point hitch
Front mount Blower w/manual everything
$21,704 MSRP

48" Bush hog (42 doesn't have a stump jumper)
They quoted $1300

They also wanted $480 for a Brotek rear skid plate (180 from Brotek!)

Which brought their total to: $22,300 + 1784 Tax + 500 dealer prep and delivery.

Total: $24,584 which sounds very high.

I am ready to put about 15k down, the rest being financed with the 0% Kubota deal, but I don't know where to begin with a counter offer. 15% off MSRP? 20%?

/ Price check on a BX25 #2  
Go to the Kubota web site and pick the "build my Bota option". You can pick all the right boxes and see was MSRP is for the tractor. I agree, it seems high to me also.

/ Price check on a BX25 #3  
1*Total: $24,584 which sounds very high.
2*48" Bush hog (42 doesn't have a stump jumper)
They quoted $1300.
1* It's more than I paid for these .

I know it's been a few years but still !

2 GET a 48 incher instead of only a 42 inch one.

/ Price check on a BX25 #4  
I got on the Kubota website, and the math does check, so that would be 5% off sticker price. I would say on the skid plate, that should include installation, but you might ask.

/ Price check on a BX25 #5  
Contact Barlows. Their quote to me for a BX25 was less than the 5% less and if you don't live in Ky you'll save the $1784 tax as well. Never heard of a dealer prep charge and delivery will be based on distance and how many others are coming your way.

/ Price check on a BX25
I sent a request in to Barlow's.

I know the math is right, I just meant that 5% off MSRP didn't seem like much. 5% barely covers tax, and $1300 for a 48" bush hog seems very high, I had thought $1300 was for a 6'.

Are dealers that much less likely to work with you if they need to order the tractor?

/ Price check on a BX25 #8  
Hi arc,
Try Messick's in southern Pennsylvania. Ask for Neil Messick. I paid 17% off Kubota web page list price. That included delivery to Maryland, over 75 miles. Barlow's was 18% off the list price. Delivery was to much for me. But Brady was real easy to deal with. And he would answer any, and all questions. This was six months ago. 5% discount, wow, not much!

Raymond Jordan
BX 25

/ Price check on a BX25 #9  
John.....sales tax shouldn't be an issue unless it is considered commercial equip. for business use....at least that's what the dealer told me. He said the BX25 TLB wouldn't call for sales tax unless you were using it as a write-off for business. Of course....mine will be used on the "farm"...so no tax.

/ Price check on a BX25 #10  
John.....sales tax shouldn't be an issue unless it is considered commercial equip. for business use....at least that's what the dealer told me. He said the BX25 TLB wouldn't call for sales tax unless you were using it as a write-off for business. Of course....mine will be used on the "farm"...so no tax.
That's state tax which is different for each state. He had put the tax figure in his quote so he must be having to pay state tax if bought in his state.
In Ky I have had to pay state tax as a Ky resident since I won't sign a certification that my equipment is for farm production 100%. Actually I don't use any of it for any farm production. If a Ky dealer sales out of state, he doesn't have to charge sales tax.
Enjoyed talking to you and I'm ready.:) Do you want me to see if it will do wheelies?:)