Pressure relief valve to ease quick couplings

/ Pressure relief valve to ease quick couplings #41  
And Now here is the solution you have all been waiting for!!! I have used it all my life.

Just buy old machinery. It will leak and not build up pressure.

You clearly don't own a PT because if you did you would know that new they leak like a syve ;-)

/ Pressure relief valve to ease quick couplings #42  
toy,

I believe just about all the QD's hose end have a NPTF thread. The other hose end could have a number of different fitting with tapered or straight threads.

You are right about the quick disconnect having pipe ends on it, but the hose that goes to the cylinder has a pipe fitting end where the disconnect is but the other end of the hose at the cylinder has a hose end on it, at least on my snow blade that is the way it is. I figure the mini hoe is the same way but haven't checked for sure, I can't get to it right now to see. If anyone does do it as I said use two wrenches because there is a 90 degree coming out of the cylinder and with two wrenches it will reduce the strain on the 90 so you won't break it off in the cylinder, just a preventive measure. JJ's idea is a good idea if you want to buy the fittings and no more implements that you would need to do it to it wouldn't be that bad price wise. However you decide I hope you can get your problems with the quick disconnects solved, I don't like to see anyone having problems, and don't nobody start wishing that I would start having problems cause it's nice living in a charmed life.

/ Pressure relief valve to ease quick couplings #43  
I just realized that in the 11 years I have owned my PT, I have had to relieve the pressure maybe 10 times to make a connection. I have at least three attachments using the aux PTO. This is not a big deal, but the discussion was interesting.

/ Pressure relief valve to ease quick couplings #44  
Solids, gasses, liquids, all expand and contract with temperature change - Physics 101 basic....
Agreed. They don't compress like gas does, but they do expand and contract with temperature.