Pre-heating time?

/ Pre-heating time? #11  
My Touareg is even simpler, essentially hands-free. I push and release the start button, the glow plug relay is automatically energized. It measures ambient versus engine temp and calculates how long it needs to heat the glow plugs. While that's happening, I'm fastening my seat belt. When the desired glow plug temp is achieved, they switch off and the starter motor engages automatically. //greg//

That is too cool!:thumbsup:

Greg

/ Pre-heating time? #12  
I have started many hundreds of deeres in winter to bring in to the shop for maintenance or repair and I never preheat them just turn the key. if one doesnt start right up then I preheat but 90% of the time they start fine , only when the temp goes to 0 or so is there ever an issue. kabotas Ive delt with you have to preheat unless its 90 out.

/ Pre-heating time? #13  
9973720wb19 said:
I've owned a tractor for going on four years, i owned a 3720 cab for a while then traded up to a 4720 cab. in each case, why does the manual say to pre-heat (by pushing in the key) no more than 10-15 secs, but the LED dash reads "wait for starting" or something like that. one would think that the "tractor" is telling you to hold continue to pre-heat. I've never gone past 10-15 secs, but it does seem (especially with the JD engine in the 4720) that the longer I hold in the key the less it cranks before start. any advise?:confused:

Depending on your SN#, the ECU equipped 45-4720 units do have glow plug timers that will turn on when the temp is low enough or can be turned on by pushing in the key switch.