PowerTrac "NEW" Button

/ PowerTrac "NEW" Button #1  

pajoube

Veteran Member
Tractor
Former Owner PowerTrac 425 (September 2003)
PowerTrac \"NEW\" Button

Just noticed (may not be new) the PT home page has a button called NEW. It features two new attachments, boom mower and a minihoe.
PJ

/ PowerTrac "NEW" Button #2  
Re: PowerTrac \"NEW\" Button

Did you look on the attachments page also. There are lots of pictures of most of the implements now.

/ PowerTrac "NEW" Button

Has anyone had a chance to compare the PT hoe with the lackender hoe?
PJ

/ PowerTrac "NEW" Button #4  

i think we will be able to (Charlie, Sedgwood and i) when we are down there next Monday 4th of November. i am curious too.

/ PowerTrac "NEW" Button

Hans,
Check on the additional lift height for the 400 series they are proposing.
My understanding is that it should be out late this fall?
PJ

/ PowerTrac "NEW" Button #6  

Thanks, this has been a concern of many and former members of the sales team have mentioned that it would be a backfit modification for present 400 series owners ... but we should be better informed after our visit on Monday next.

/ PowerTrac "NEW" Button #7  

Now that I have the car hauler trailer, lift height is not very important to me. If I had to retrofit something on my PT425 to increase lift height, it might reduce lift capacity. I don't want to lose any of the 800 pound capacity. But new owners and Power Trac sales definately would be happy with more lift height and maintaining the 800 pound capacity.

Speaking of lift capacity, I put on the pallet forks Saturday and pushed up to the rear of my Chevy 1/2 ton pickup. The truck was empty and on level ground. I got the rear bumper right against the back of the pallet forks support plate and attempted to lift it. The truck came up a bit, but the rear wheels of the PT425 came off the ground first. To me, this means that the lift capacity is due to the weight of the PT425, not the strength of its hydraulics. I like that. /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

/ PowerTrac "NEW" Button #8  

Mr. M.R. agree very much no trading in for the 800 pounds. but i think that my other question is the engine capability. for my business, the hilly topography and the wetness of the ground i wonder why we have so little option of engine and this is a subject i will also address. someone on this forum mentioned a Cummins 18hp diesel engine had come out at the begin of this year. i can't most the time not use a 14 0r 1800 model on my customers properties but some more torque is or would be welcome.

i would when the time comes (about 1800hrs on the Kohler engine) to have an option to change to a more powerful not for speed but work output engine.

hrl

/ PowerTrac "NEW" Button #9  

I guess I've just been fortunate enough to have not run into a lack of torque or speed yet. I've done some incredible loader work. Hauled full buckets up steep hills with no problems. Also ran the 48" brush hog up the same hill, no problems. Have never run the 60" mower on a steep slope, so that might be where I'll find the torque lacking. I'll find out in a few years when we build and grass over the slope.

If the engine ever does wear out, maybe I'll just shoehorn in a small L6 230, 250 or 292 chevy engine and run the hydraulic pumps from belts./w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif/w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif/w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif

/ PowerTrac "NEW" Button #10  

I wonder if you could take some pictures of some of the new implements. I remember reading somewhere they used to have a leaf blower. Would'nt it be nice if they could make one again. A great feature would be if you could move the direction of the air with the secondary hydralics. I wish I could be there!