Rake Powered York Rake?

/ Powered York Rake? #1  

Eric_Phillips

Platinum Member
Tractor
FarmTrac 270DTC
I have been looking for implements to put in my new lawn. From what I have read the best thing would be a powered landscape rake like a Harley Rake. Well looking in the local swap sheet I noticed someone was selling a powered york rake. I looked at York's web site but didn't see any powered rakes. Has anyone heard of one of these from York? I plan on calling tonight about it but wanted some background info first.

Thanks,
Eric

/ Powered York Rake? #2  
I have heard of Harley rakes being called powered York rakes, but it is just a generalized term. Before you plunk down your hard earned cash for such an item, realize that you need a large machine to run one of them. They do work great, but when you add all the costs of owning one, you best have plenty of work for it. They are also prone to wear, and if the one you are looking at has had a hard work life, plan on spending a lot of $$$ buying parts and repairing it. They use a hydraulic motor and a gear sprocket and chain mechanism to operate. They can run in both forward and reverse motion, so this also adds to the wear factor. It is also the kind of tool that you only use on your lawn once.

/ Powered York Rake?
Junkman,
Thanks you for the information. By looking at Harley's web site I should be albe to pull a T-5 or T-6. I also have about 9 acres of old corn field I want to smooth out for pasture. It is all coming down to what I can find and afford. This used power rake is going for the same price of light 6ft disc new. Unless I can find a used disc the price will be a toss up. I am worried about the condition of the rake for that price but I could luck out.

Eric