Power4Home E-book

/ Power4Home E-book #1  

Epic Contributor
Tractor
Kubota M9000 HDCC3 M9000 HDC
Not that I hardly ever fall for a good scam.....

Because I don't, but I was curious as to just how good this scam was.....

It's good......:thumbsup:

I purchased the Power4Home E book on the Internet some weeks ago not expecting much for my $59.95 and I wasn't disapointed. It's not much. In fact, the whole package is worth about $5.99, the cost of the CD and the packaging.......:)

The links don't work......

The instructions on building panels and wind generator are incomplete......

There are words mispelled throughout the video's......

The procedures outlined are very crude and the results vague.....

None of the recommended devices are practical for a homeowner to build in the first place and the cost of components is way above what the author states.

Finally, building one solar panel (if you can source the components outlined in the video for less than $200.00) will do nothing to offset your electric bill except maybe spin a toy electric motor.

My recommendarion is don't purchase the video, go to your local library and reference some good, established principles on saving electricity and lowering your electric bill, most are common sense.

This guy has one heck of a scam going and I fell into the trap because of curiosity, but only for 59 bucks.

I'll sell the whole package to anyone for the cost of shipping, $7.00 Priority Mail.

/ Power4Home E-book
More of a curiosity thing with me than actually building something solar or wind powered. My hay barn is already 100% solar ventilation with panels and low voltage fans.

I've been heating with bio-fuel for at least 15 years and that in itself is a great savings for me.

I was amazed how crude the models and instructions were in the CD presentation and how none of the links worked.

I read the whole text and basically learned nothing more than I already knew. I just don't want anyone else to get the idea that this CD, which is heavily advertised on the net is worth anything, because it's not. Neither of the projects (the wind generator or the solar panel) is fully explained and there is no source of intrinsic parts at all.

It's just a mish-mosh of ideas that anyone can come up with, with some over the top advertising aimed at extracting money from an unsuspecting public, for that, I say shame on them.

It's a scam perpetrated on the unsuspecting.

/ Power4Home E-book #4  
Sad but true, that is a lot of sales crap these days.

What kind of bio fuels are you heating with, and heater designs?

/ Power4Home E-book
I've been burning corn and processed wood pellets (depending on price and availability) for the last 15 years. This year it's wood pellets because corn is too high.

I had a Snowflame for years but wore it out so now it's a USSC American Harvest that I've modified (love to tinker) to be more efficient.

We heat the entire house with it.

I prefer corn. It delivers more BTU output per pound than pellets but again the price is too high to be a cost efficient alternative compared to propane. Wood pellets are cost effective versus propane so it's wood pellets this year.

/ Power4Home E-book #6  
I have been wanting to build some solar related projects, just do not seem to get one of them around to it gizmo's!

Have you looked at this site? BuildItSolar: Solar energy projects for Do It Yourselfers to save money and reduce pollution

Gary Gary is his user name here on TBN. There is so much imfo that it has me procrastinating what to do!:laughing:

Funny you should mention it...I'm seriously considering building a passive solar heater for my shop. It has a bank of windows facing the South, so it stays fairly warm on sunny winter days, and I believe a solar heater would work. I'm wondering if anyone here has been there, done that? I have that site saved for future reference, along with several others on passive solar heating. Lots of stuff on beer can heaters, but not convinced to go that way. Maybe we should start a new thread? I'm certainly willing to share anything I know or learn.

/ Power4Home E-book #7  
Funny you should mention it...I'm seriously considering building a passive solar heater for my shop. It has a bank of windows facing the South, so it stays fairly warm on sunny winter days, and I believe a solar heater would work. I'm wondering if anyone here has been there, done that? I have that site saved for future reference, along with several others on passive solar heating. Lots of stuff on beer can heaters, but not convinced to go that way. Maybe we should start a new thread? I'm certainly willing to share anything I know or learn.

There was some activity about solar built stuff on TBN. That is how I know Gary from build it solar has or does visit this forum. Do a member search "Gary Gary" and check statistics to find what they were on for the subject. He also has been in Mother Earth News articles several times.:thumbsup:

/ Power4Home E-book #8  
I've been burning corn and processed wood pellets (depending on price and availability) for the last 15 years. This year it's wood pellets because corn is too high.

I had a Snowflame for years but wore it out so now it's a USSC American Harvest that I've modified (love to tinker) to be more efficient.

We heat the entire house with it.

I prefer corn. It delivers more BTU output per pound than pellets but again the price is too high to be a cost efficient alternative compared to propane. Wood pellets are cost effective versus propane so it's wood pellets this year.

I burned corn for heat also untill price got to high. Wood pellets around Iowa are quite pricey, and or I have not figured the way to get good discounts. My corn burner has been sitting in the pole shed for 3 years now. The 3 years I used it was awesome! Corn was 1.50 a bushel (there about). That made some pretty cheap heat.

/ Power4Home E-book #9  
Thanks. I'll check it out.