Power Trac Grapple bucket

/ Power Trac Grapple bucket #1  

duane

Gold Member
Tractor
Toro 266H and PT422
I received the video and brochures from Power Trac. The model I will order eventually is one of the PT400 series. Still trying to determine what attachments to get. One question in particular is the grapple bucket. It looks like the small bucket with teeth with the additional hydraulic cylinder for the grapple arms. Would I be correct in that the grapple bucket will do everything the small bucket with teeth would do in addition to grabbing brush and logs.

still power-trac dreaming
Duane

/ Power Trac Grapple bucket #2  
I asked myself the same question. I couldn't justify the cost at the time, as I was maximizing my bang for bucks ratio /w3tcompact/icons/tongue.gif. It was a little pricey. Someone on here has a grapple bucket. Lets hope they chime in.

/ Power Trac Grapple bucket #3  
duane & mossroad
if you look at my profile, i rated the attachments we have according to my believes and their utility. we are continuously looking for more for grappler applications.

we can with one pt425 + grappler bucket do the cleanup work which would take 3 more guys to clean after a good tree monkey (tree climber) crew of two. so that ratio is pt425 + grappler bucket 1= crew of three.

for us the savings are clear. just one thing i would suggest is to weld some flat iron onto the grappler teeth ( across the three teeth) so they don't bent in various unwanted direction, and during a cleanup more of the leaves and small branches, stay in the grappler.

since we do over a hundred properties leave during the fall and spring cleaning season we are investigating the loose debris handler from ramrode.
http://www.ramrodequip.com/products.html#attachments

this thing will help us with the picking up of leaves and wood chip debris. the attachment consists of a bucket and two arms which hydraulically collect the loose material ahead of the bucket and than close up the bucket for a clean collection.

/ Power Trac Grapple bucket #4  
duane. the answer to your question is little yes and mostly NO. it is my our experience that when you have to curl your bucket to get more digging action the grappler teeth get in the way. so one of our guys thought he was smarter than me and closed the grappler teeth went close to a customers house damaged the wall and bent the grappler hook at the same time.
moss roads solution of getting a digging bucket and attaching teeth is in my opinion a better solution.

good luck