Power Trac Grader Rake

/ Power Trac Grader Rake #1  

PTRich

Gold Member
Tractor
Power Trac PT425
I had a earlier post about making a grader for my driveway. This is what I did. I welded a quick attach plate to a york rake. I had the rake adjusted so I was pushing it. I installed to wheels to the front of the rake. When I push the rake the wheels go first, rake second and tractor third. Tried it on my driveway and it was amazingly fast and easy. I did not have to use the wheels to adjust my bite. i just tilted my plate either direction with the joy stick to adjust. Took me about 15 minutes to do about 1200 feet of gravel driveway. If I ever figure out how to post a picture I will leave one.
PTRich

/ Power Trac Grader Rake #2  
If you can post a picture, I'd like to see it, and compare with ones of the modified PT rake. I've never used any rake, but a hand type, which has never appealed to me at all, even in this age of physical fitness fanaticism.

/ Power Trac Grader Rake #3  
PTrich,
who wide is your rake? do you know the weight of it also. i am presently dragging my rake behind the kubota l2025 and it would be so much easier for the smaller jobs to use it with the pt425, as you do.

/ Power Trac Grader Rake
The rake is 5 foot wide and weighs about 300lbs. I bought it thru northern tool. MossRoad is helping me post a picture. I will probably try it on top soil this weekend.
PTRich

/ Power Trac Grader Rake #5  
PTRich, thanks, i think that mine is another foot longer. will check it out this morning. this is a great idea and will save me some money.

/ Power Trac Grader Rake #6  
I am looking forward to the photos!

KCook

/ Power Trac Grader Rake
Here is my best try for today.

Attachments

• 19-138354-Rake.jpg
    19-138354-Rake.jpg
    6.5 KB · Views: 230
   / Power Trac Grader Rake #8  
Looks good! The picture is a little small, but a great first attempt.

I see the casters out in front and the quick attach on the back. Does it also angle left to right on that red bar?

/ Power Trac Grader Rake
Yes it does angle to both sides.

/ Power Trac Grader Rake #10  
Hmm, I smell a project... power angle rake /w3tcompact/icons/tongue.gif.

Did you get my mail on the photos?