Power steering not working; Need help diagnosing (GC 2310)

/ Power steering not working; Need help diagnosing (GC 2310) #11  
manual doesn't specify any bleeding procedure but does say air in steering system can cause steering issues. it specifically mentions excessive free play but I would assume it could also cause other symptoms.

/ Power steering not working; Need help diagnosing (GC 2310) #12  
It seems to me that a gauge tee'd into a pressure circuit would show little to no pressure until the system has a "load" placed on it. In this case, the steering wheel would have to be turned. Might need 2 people if the gauge can't be observed from the steering wheel area.

But simply unhooking a line and plugging a gauge into the line or port and starting the tractor could/will "deadhead" the pump, possibly (probably?) causing catastrophic damage.

/ Power steering not working; Need help diagnosing (GC 2310) #13  
Were you able to get the power steering fixed? The pressure line on my gc2300 blew and after I replaced it the power steering isnt working. Wondering if you had any tips.
exactly which line?

Attachments

• 2400_sterring_hydraulic.pdf
    51.1 KB · Views: 75
   / Power steering not working; Need help diagnosing (GC 2310) #15  
Maybe air in system? I'll see if service manual has procedure for steering in few hours
I hoped that bleeding it would fix it so I even dropped the front axle to get access to the hydraulic fittings on the two way Cylinder that turns the front wheels and bled it. I can still turn the front tires but its Nowhere Near as easy as it was when the power steering was working

/ Power steering not working; Need help diagnosing (GC 2310) #16  
Jeez I would still suspect air somewhere.
When bleeding you have someone turning orbital valve?
Wish manual talked about this more.
Maybe a local dealer has dealt with this and can give you hints?
edit: maybe "bleed" should have been done at return line (item 5) and not at the cylinder itself??

Last edited: