Power Steering Leak 2005 T5C

/ Power Steering Leak 2005 T5C #1  

JonnyRed

Silver Member
Tractor
5835R Branson
I have a new oil leak that sprung up today. It is leaking from the top of the steering column between the steering wheel and the top of the column, Weird place to develop an oil leak. Is anyone familiar with what seal may have let go? I am hoping that the power steering valve isn't taking a crap.

It looks like this guy had same issue: https://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/terramite/408665-offset-power-steering-leak.html?highlight=power+steering

I PM'd him in hopes of finding out if he fixed and how.

/ Power Steering Leak 2005 T5C #2  
I haven’t done he job on mine yet. From what I understand Terraquip is out of business so no help
Is available. I understand that the difficulty comes from reassembly in that there are certain parts that must be phased or clocked to line up correctly with other parts or it can destroy itself before you know anything is wrong.

I’m hoping I can do the seals without having to mess with anything deeper in the box. It appears the bolts that hold it together go all the way through. My plan is to clamp it in a vice to keep the various layers together and to only go down to the face seal and hope it works.
As I said though I haven’t done the job yet.