Power Steering Hydraulic FIXED

/ Power Steering Hydraulic FIXED #1  

DennisArrow

Platinum Member
Tractor
Iseki TL 2300, Kubota RTV, Kubota B7610
At several posts and some help in the past I finally got around to tracing where my fluid leak was coming from in the power steering unit..........It was coming from under the battery area. Couldnt see ANYTHING from above or below due to the axle being in the way from below and the battery from above..........Soooo took out the battery, the two upright brackets that hold the battery carrier, and the battery carrier. This exposed the fluid tank and the connections into the steering unit from the pump. LOW and BEHOLD there was the leak. Someone had put teflon tape on the fittings, so it was easy to deduce that the problem was probably in stripped threads or not tight enough. Put a paper towel under the fittings, ran jumper cables over to the battery, fired it up, and there the leak was. Tightened up the fittings really snug, put a piece of paper under them, let it run for 10 minutes and my one quart an hour leak was gone........HOOOOORAY

Total job about 2 hours on a hot humid N. Georgia morning........but didnt even feel the sweat.......NOW I can leave my grill on...........GOD is sooooo GOOOOOOOOD......Dennis