Power Service in the white bottle

/ Power Service in the white bottle #1  

HEC

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota M5700 @ B2650HSDC
I have used this stuff year round in my tractors for years and never had a cold start issue here in northern Maine . This last bottle I used really got my attention though . As I was pouring a small amount in a 5 gal. container a good size glob of jelly like substance came out of the ps container . I am very careful with fuel etc. so I know nothing from the outside got into the container . I was fortunate there was a little diesel left in the 5 gal. container and I didn't fill it up first . I use less than a bottle a year so does this stuff go bad ? I was near the bottom of the container . I always thought this stuff was a good lubricant also but after reading some posts on here I am not so sure anymore. Is there a better product out there for lubrication and anti gelling in the winter ?

Last edited:
   / Power Service in the white bottle #2  
I have been using PS white bottle for 3yrs now. Same bottle. Bought the large one. Went out and checked the bottle that 1/2 full. No sign of any gel in it.
Others have used Howes. I am not familiar with Howes.

/ Power Service in the white bottle #3  
I use it steadily, each fuel up and have had the same for bottle for quite a while now.

Contains petroleum distillates and hydrocarbons is all it says on the bottle. I also wonder too what could have congealed...

Maybe you might send PS an email see if they can explain it?

I know a plumber that uses PS in his home heating oil tank on a regular basis.

Addendum: I just looked in the open bottle I have in the garage everything is clear liquid still.

Last edited:
   / Power Service in the white bottle #4  
I have used this stuff year round in my tractors for years and never had a cold start issue here in northern Maine . This last bottle I used really got my attention though . As I was pouring a small amount in a 5 gal. container a good size glob of jelly like substance came out of the ps container . I am very careful with fuel etc. so I know nothing from the outside got into the container . I was fortunate there was a little diesel left in the 5 gal. container and I didn't fill it up first , so I just dumped it INTO AN EPA APPROVED CONTAINER . I use less than a bottle a year so does this stuff go bad ? I was near the bottom of the container . I always thought this stuff was a good lubricant also but after reading some posts on here I am not so sure anymore. Is there a better product out there for lubrication and anti gelling in the winter ?
Quickly modify your post to the above where I put caps.

/edit :) didn't want the EPA on your tail

Last edited:
   / Power Service in the white bottle #5  
I have used Power Services fuel conditioner since early 1990's. Add a large jug every time I get diesel tank filled, usually 200-250 gallons.

Sent from my iPad using TractorByNet

/ Power Service in the white bottle #6  
The past 20 years I have used these diesel additives stanadyne,primrose,howes,Schaffers winter diesel treat,and opti-lube winter.My first choice is the Opti-lube winter,then schaffers diesel treat.

/ Power Service in the white bottle #7  
The past 20 years I have used these diesel additives stanadyne,primrose,howes,Schaffers winter diesel treat,and opti-lube winter.My first choice is the Opti-lube winter,then schaffers diesel treat.

where do you get the Opti-lube Coobie?

/ Power Service in the white bottle #8  
where do you get the Opti-lube Coobie?
Murph,someone posted a link in this section where to buy it awhile back.I believe it was $54 for a 1 gal. which treats 540 gallons of diesel fuel.

Last edited:
   / Power Service in the white bottle #9  
   / Power Service in the white bottle #10  
I sent power service an email yesterday and got a response back today . They said a possible problem was some of the sealant used to seal the bottle together had leaked into the container and the solvent used to make their product caused it to jell up . They are sending me a new bottle , couldn't ask for more than that .

Good news. I also sent them an email to them yesterday asking if the product had a shelf life. No answer yet.