Power Beyond

/ Power Beyond #1  

lugawl

I have a JD 2305 and it has the power beyond (PB) for the backhoe. I was thinking I could use the PB for a top-n-tilt or a grapple when backhoe isn't needed.

I want to know what you guys think is the best and smallest single spool OC valve for my purpose. I have been to Surplus Center but am not sure if I want a log splitter valve, seems it would work, or the other prince single spool valves???

I plan on mounting the valve at the base of the ROP on the angle brace, there are 2 holes already there for bolt-up.

Any input welcome!!

Thanks

/ Power Beyond #2  
A log splitter valve operates more like an on/off switch, which would not be ideal for most applications. A spool valve will give you finer control. I think you would want at least a two spool valve. One spool for "top" and one spool for "tilt".

/ Power Beyond #3  
This Cessna valve is a perfect fit. It is small, lightweight and compact and is rated at 5gpm. Many users have used this valve with great results.

/ Power Beyond #4  
Tig said:
A log splitter valve operates more like an on/off switch, which would not be ideal for most applications. A spool valve will give you finer control. I think you would want at least a two spool valve. One spool for "top" and one spool for "tilt".
Never saw a log splitter valve that wasn't a spool valve. Never used one that couldn't be feathered, either. The one sided detent would be bothersome, though.

/ Power Beyond
The cessna valve looks great but the flow is slightly below the 2305s pumprate of 5.2 GPM. Is this a concern?

/ Power Beyond #6  
Also the cessna valve does not say anything about load checks in the specs.

That would be important to me. Most other valves list this as a feature but this one does not. I do not know if that being left out of the description means it will not lock the cylinders but I am wondering.

Regards,
Mundy

/ Power Beyond #7  
lugawl said:
The cessna valve looks great but the flow is slightly below the 2305s pumprate of 5.2 GPM. Is this a concern?
Look at the specs carefully, you will see that the 5.2 is the total, but the steering takes 2.3 GPM, leaving 2.9 GPM for the implements. This is probably done through a priority valve.

2305 Specs

Type Open Center
clearpix.gif
clearpix.gif

Pump Rated Output, gpm (L/min.) 5.2 (19.7)
clearpix.gif
clearpix.gif

Steering 2.3 (8.9)
clearpix.gif
clearpix.gif

Implement 2.9 (10.8)
clearpix.gif
clearpix.gif

Pump Type Gear
clearpix.gif
clearpix.gif

Maximum Operating Pressure (PSI) 1987
clearpix.gif
clearpix.gif

Draft Control Type Select Control
clearpix.gif
clearpix.gif

Remote Control Valves Available 2

/ Power Beyond #8  
Mundy said:
Also the cessna valve does not say anything about load checks in the specs.

That would be important to me. Most other valves list this as a feature but this one does not. I do not know if that being left out of the description means it will not lock the cylinders but I am wondering.

Regards,
Mundy

I would assume it does, but you could call them to verify, they are very helpful on the phone.