power beyond nomenclature plus

/ power beyond nomenclature plus #1  

electrycmonk

Silver Member
Tractor
Satoh 370 diesel & Cub Cadet 7260 Diesel 4WD standard
From what I've come to understand "power beyond" in theory or should I say practice?
It is basically a way of Daisy chaining hydraulic impliments like surge protectors?

I've tried several times to do search's and gotten distracted by life off line & either mixed up memories or forgotten what I'd read or seen.

Is there an actual name of the part (or parts) that make up the power beyond function of the hydraulic system? For example there is this block on the side of my Cub cadet 7260 for the FEL with 3 quick disconnect hoses. (Sadly the mobile version of The forum doesn't give me the option of adding an image of this block now, from my Android phone in mozilla)

Is there a thread that has already been created to show and disect the power beyond theory/actual practice etal?

I'm trying to not re-engineer the wheel here.

/ power beyond nomenclature plus #2  
Power beyond is "simply" a method (typically a piece of hardware in the form of a special plug) that diverts the unused fluid flow though an open center hydraulic control valve that would normally return to TANK on to another circuit "beyond". The other circuit ,or the last circuit in the array MUST RETURN TO TANK!

Whew! That was a long sentence! ;-)

/ power beyond nomenclature plus #3  
Also understand, there's no pressure in a system until there's resistance. That's why power beyond works.

/ power beyond nomenclature plus #4  
In my case I purchased a 2 spool Prince valve with the PB option. What that mean is, that there is PB ability built in, however you need to buy the adapter. The plug blocking the PB port is removed and the PB adapter screws in. The PB is a machined part that also provided a female pipe thread to which the next control valve downstream connects. In my case a backhoe. I use my loader controls as I did before the install of the PB. When the 2 spools are in there resting position, fluid goes through the BP. If I use the loader or bucket, the fluid is diverted away from the BP. It is seamless and do not notice any changes.

/ power beyond nomenclature plus #5  
From what I've come to understand "power beyond" in theory or should I say practice?
It is basically a way of Daisy chaining hydraulic impliments like surge protectors?

I've tried several times to do search's and gotten distracted by life off line & either mixed up memories or forgotten what I'd read or seen.

Is there an actual name of the part (or parts) that make up the power beyond function of the hydraulic system? For example there is this block on the side of my Cub cadet 7260 for the FEL with 3 quick disconnect hoses. (Sadly the mobile version of The forum doesn't give me the option of adding an image of this block now, from my Android phone in mozilla)

Is there a thread that has already been created to show and disect the power beyond theory/actual practice etal?

I'm trying to not re-engineer the wheel here.

Dedicated APPs suck in many way, full browsers like Chrome and such are much better...

Dale

/ power beyond nomenclature plus #6  
A power beyond port (PB) fitting will look something like this...It is your "connection " to add valve down the line

Z_xC0xicpEx_.JPG

Replaces a plug that looks something like this...

Z_xC0xhcpEx_.JPG

Output of "PB" port usually goes to "P" (power?) port on downstream valve..

Its usually just a way to connect another control valve in series (down stream) for current (last existing) valve in line...

You will also have to deal with "tank" and "return" line from added valving...

Dale

Last edited: