Post your Branson at work. Picture thread

/ Post your Branson at work. Picture thread #141  
Not gonna lie, I'm really enjoying this dump trailer life right now. It's saved me sooo much labor in the only 6 or 7 times I used it to dump an actual load, instead of just playing with it up and down, it's just awesome.

Oh don't mind my comically small trailer for this tractor. I had it from when we had a two wheel walk behind tractor way back in the day.

/ Post your Branson at work. Picture thread #142  
Not gonna lie, I'm really enjoying this dump trailer life right now. It's saved me sooo much labor in the only 6 or 7 times I used it to dump an actual load, instead of just playing with it up and down, it's just awesome.

Oh don't mind my comically small trailer for this tractor. I had it from when we had a two wheel walk behind tractor way back in the day.

Looks really clean.

I don't need a dump trailer but maybe once in a great while. But those times, it sure would be handy to have.

I'm surprised you don't have an automatic hydraulic tailgate! You seem to be able to make about anything.

Nice job.

/ Post your Branson at work. Picture thread #143  
Looks really clean.

I don't need a dump trailer but maybe once in a great while. But those times, it sure would be handy to have.

I'm surprised you don't have an automatic hydraulic tailgate! You seem to be able to make about anything.

Nice job.
Thanks Slim!

Well, this trailer is only going to be used once in a while so I didn't bother to over do it too much. I did change the tailgate so it flips up rather than down but it wouldn't work well with this load.

Even the cylinder is borrowed from the log splitter. I was going to build one from scratch but decided to check some prices on the materials and thought: Nope, swapping the cylinder between the trailer and log splitter as to do it. 😅

/ Post your Branson at work. Picture thread #144  
Sorry for lack of action shots, I wasn't thinking about TBN when I was working.

We had a sewer blockage that my son and I were unable to get at from the toilet flange (toilet off) with a 50' 1/2" snake (turned by a drill - put the excess in 1/2" pvc pipe segments to keep it from coiling up outside of the pipe) so we had to call in a plumber; he got things flowing and reminded me that we should have our septic "serviced" every 3-5 years. Seems a bit often, but considering the last time there was any sort of service was probably 1998, I figured it was about time.

Septic co "located" the tank for me. Incorrectly, as it turns out; I gave them an approximate location (basically bingo for where I finally found it) but they said it was closer to the block wall there and 4'+ down so I got the 'hoe and started digging. Luckily, didn't damage the riser when I finally hit it at the end of that trench.

Then used a long piece of rebar to figure out what the orientation of the tank was and then I poked in the lawn with some shorter 3/8" rebar (with difficulty, rebar isn't the right thing for this obviously) and found the other lid.
1.jpg

After the tank got pumped (didn't smell nearly as bad as I'd guessed, though I wouldn't want to smell it all the time - probably part of the reason the guy smoked) I used the tractor to push the dirt back into the ditch and pack it down, and then grabbed a few bags of some topsoil from back by the barn (bags are reused, I didn't put chicken food on the lawn, though the lawn does grow goose food). Tank had a lot of crud as expected but wasn't anywhere near full of sludge. I'm not sure if my regular flushing of extra sourdough starter into the drain has helped or not :)
3.jpg

(the lawn isn't fancy though the ducks & geese I got at the beginning of summer have been working hard to fertilize it for the first time; it's mostly crab grass at this point which is fine by me, it takes very little to keep it going)

/ Post your Branson at work. Picture thread #145  
Well that's one of the best stories I've enjoyed in a long time! Thank you for sharing.

BTW you can get risers for the lids made out of concrete or other materials. For the cost it's probably worth it.

/ Post your Branson at work. Picture thread #146  
Well that's one of the best stories I've enjoyed in a long time! Thank you for sharing.

BTW you can get risers for the lids made out of concrete or other materials. For the cost it's probably worth it.
There are risers already actually, and since I'd forgotten that and was going by what the septic guy said and was looking for a tank at 4'+, I actually dinged the edge of one of the risers when I found it.

The tank is about 3' or so down. The lawn was added 7 years after the tank and there's fill on top of the ground; the risers were added when the lawn was put in (too long ago for me to remember!).

Last edited:
   / Post your Branson at work. Picture thread #147  
The risers I'm speaking of (maybe you too) are the ones where there's an at-grade lid for access.

/ Post your Branson at work. Picture thread #148  
The risers I'm speaking of (maybe you too) are the ones where there's an at-grade lid for access.
If this was in an out-of-the-way location, I'd be ok with at-grade, but here I chose to lightly bury (6-10") them.

I put an indelible mark in concrete (with a chisel) that's above ground & near the first lid, and another mark on concrete at the house, which make a line with the two lids, and measured where the lids are precisely on that line so next time it's a 5-minute shovel job to get at them.
I'm confident that the crab grass will cover the scars quickly... especially with my young ducks & geese fertilizing the lawn.