Post Hole Digger vs Auger

/ Post Hole Digger vs Auger #11  
Hey, here's a closeup at this url:
<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.ipass.net/~davesisk/tractor.htm>http://www.ipass.net/~davesisk/tractor.htm</A>

As I understand it, I have an old full-swivel PHD head and a 24" auger. These guys are correct, the bigger augers make the whole machine topple over to one side if you put too much down-pressure on a big auger like this one...

Dave

/ Post Hole Digger vs Auger #12  
Dave,
The url you mention looks like an ad - are you selling?
PJ

/ Post Hole Digger vs Auger #13  
Man, once again you show us a "gnarley" piece of equipment! /w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif

A 24" post hole auger is way too cool. Thinking of the times that I had to dig holes of those dimensions I really could have used something like that. It seems like several times a year I'm out in the yard diggin a hole about 2 feet across and a couple feet deep. Why? I can't remember now /w3tcompact/icons/tongue.gif but I know I was doing it.

You picked that up in your "package" deal didn't you? I still think you got the deal of the year on that. /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

/ Post Hole Digger vs Auger #14  
Hey PJ:

Selling the tractor? Absolutely not! Way too useful!

I'd be interested in selling the 24" auger, because I don't really have a use for it. I'd like to replace it with a 6" and 9" auger for post holes, so if anyone would like to trade even (or close), I'd go for it.

Dave

/ Post Hole Digger vs Auger #15  
I got the "gnarley" from you dude! /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

Yeah, I guess I did get the deal on it, but you do get what you pay for. I've spent a lot of time fixing broken stuff on it, but it's just about all patched up. At least it's been very reliable the last several times that I've used it for anything. I still wish I had the cool quick attach that you guys with the newer ones have. But hey, maybe someday I'll upgrade that part, or who knows, maybe I'll upgrade to a 2425 or something. For now, this one does the trick!

Dave

/ Post Hole Digger vs Auger #16  
To all,

Does anyone know if the post hole augers will fit the tree planter head and vice versa?

/ Post Hole Digger vs Auger #17  
MR: I don't know, but soon (like perhaps tonight) I'm going to take the 24" auger off the PHD head and measure it's shaft where it plugs in. I'm going to order a 9" auger from PT pretty soon, and I want to make sure they send me the one that'll fit. When I get the measurement, I'll post it here.

Dave

/ Post Hole Digger vs Auger #18  
The 9" auger will fit on the planter drill head, the same as a PT 24" auger. About 6 weeks ago I took delivery of a PT2425 with the trailer package which came with the planter drill head. It automatically came with the 9" auger and I switched out the 18" auger for a 24" auger - a size I use in my business. The trailer package also included (obviously) the trailer, a spare tire for the 2425 and the trailer, a tool kit, extra tie-down strap, a drain hose, extra filter, a 3 ft. trencher, stump grinder, 30" forks, 48" boom pole, 48" rototiller, 10 cu. ft. light duty bucket, 5 cu. ft. heavy duty bucket (got it with teeth), and then the above mentioned augers and drill head. I also got the 4 cu. ft. cement mixer and had it mounted on the trailer right away. A couple weeks ago, I had my dad weld up a 24" extension for the 24" auger so I can drill holes 54" deep, which worked great the first time I used it.

I've been very busy lately and I'll try to get an update with all the various projects I've been doing in another thread in the future. It may not be until the end of August as I don't see any slack time before then.

Hope this helps !

/ Post Hole Digger vs Auger #19  
Del:
Sounds great. We'd sure like to see some pictures.

/ Post Hole Digger vs Auger #20  
I really like the package you got - almost the same as I plan on. Will be very interested to hear your comments after you have some hours on this machine and attachments. I like the extension idea on the auger. It sounds as if the planter drill head and auger drill head can interchange augers?
When you slow down please get pictures and comments.
PJ