Post Hole Digger and a Novice

/ Post Hole Digger and a Novice #1  

alexsbuddy

Gold Member
Tractor
LS XG3037 w/ LS LL3109 FEL Kodiak SD5 Mower, Speeco Model 65 PHD, Bush Hog BX-600 Box Blade, Titan 42" Skid Steer Pallet Fork/Hay Spear Combo
I hooked up my new Speeco 65 post hole digger to my LS XG3037 today, but not sure this is correct:
20161225_104602.jpg
As you can see, the bracket on the boom of the PHD (2" wide) will not fit inside the top link mounting bracket (inside clearance is 1.75") which forced me to offset it. Is this normal or am I missing a piece that should do between the boom bracket and the tip link mounting bracket? Any help would be greatly appreciated. First time hooking up and using a PHD. Thanks.

/ Post Hole Digger and a Novice #2  
Can you post a pic of complete setup?

/ Post Hole Digger and a Novice #3  
I hooked up my new Speeco 65 post hole digger to my LS XG3037 today, but not sure this is correct:
View attachment 492721
As you can see, the bracket on the boom of the PHD (2" wide) will not fit inside the top link mounting bracket (inside clearance is 1.75") which forced me to offset it. Is this normal or am I missing a piece that should do between the boom bracket and the tip link mounting bracket? Any help would be greatly appreciated. First time hooking up and using a PHD. Thanks.

Alex, most PHD upper booms just have a single piece to fit within the ears of your top link connection point. Yours has two, probably to keep the top boom from flopping around as much.. I cannot see any other way you could hook it up, so I say "carry on".

/ Post Hole Digger and a Novice
Here's a picture of the full set-up:
20161225_104636.jpg
I have verified the set-up with the pictures in the manual and it all looks correct to me.....other than having to offset the boom bracket on the top link bracket. I did a test hole right before taking this picture and everything seemed to work okay.

/ Post Hole Digger and a Novice #7  
Can you not grind 1/8" off the outsides of the top link bar to make it fit? 2 x 0.125"= 0.25"

/ Post Hole Digger and a Novice #8  
You could grind off a bit of the U shaped bracket to make it fit, BUT it will work just fine as it is. The mfg. made a little error in fabrication when he bent that bracket, but it seems you got around it OK.

/ Post Hole Digger and a Novice
Grinding both sides of the boom u-bracket down by 1/8" would certainly be possible. Have to go in to my local farm supply store today to pick up some feed and thought I would check to see if there was a bracket adapter that might also work.

/ Post Hole Digger and a Novice #10  
Contact Speeco. They have very good customer service the last time I need help on my TSC unit that they make.