Post deleted by wrn9510

/ Post deleted by wrn9510 #11  
Re: BX2200

rgb: Did you ever notice the Owner's Manual under the heading Rear Ballast (p.37): …. 'And the ballast should be removed when it is not needed. The weight should be added to the tractor in the form of liquid ballast'. Gee, I guess Kubota would like for us to fill the tires when attaching the loader, and drain when finished /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif. I agree with you, no thanks Kubota. There are easier ballast to add and remove.

/ Post deleted by wrn9510 #12  

On the subject of removing ballast....

When you use front ballast weights, it is normally required to be removed when you attach a loader. The same is true that a ballast box on the three point is normally removed when it is not needed (also hard to use the three point for anything elese while mounted) /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

Don't believe there is any way to translate from Japanese to mean to remove water ballast in a tire and then put it back in. /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

I carry about 1500# in water ballast at all times in the tires. It helps with the loader AND it also helps significantly with stability of the tractor as well as traction when using any ground engaging equipment.

/ Post deleted by wrn9510 #13  

>I really don't want to head that direction. I know how caustic it can be over time.

Actually a mix of propylene glycol (non toxic)automobile antifreeze (contains rust inhibitors) in the tire is not considered corrosive. Calcium Chloride is sometimes contained in tubes for this reason. I have seen tractors that had CaCl in the tires for over 20 years and still looked pretty good. No one in Texas will put it in tractor tires anymore and prefer the antifreeze mix.

/ Post deleted by wrn9510 #14  

Wen; Is your fluid in the back only, or front and back?

(Another theory: Kubota would like us to own two sets of rims and tires. One with ballast, and one without! /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif)

/ Post deleted by wrn9510 #15  

Front and Rear tires are filled with propylene glycol 40% and water. After that expense, wheel weights don't seem so expensive after all, do they? That is approximately 1000# on the rear and 500# on the front. The weight on the front is only necessary if you are pulling heavy loads or have heavy loads on the three point. Don't load the front tires if you do a lot of highway driving. Always have something on the three point when using the loader. I believe Kubota recommends about 850# in addition to the tire ballast.

If you ever try to handle a 1200# tire, you would not really want to change them very often! However; the improvements in the tractor are so significant, that I doubt that you would ever go back to unfilled. My goal is to simply keep all four tires firmly on the ground under all normal operating conditions.

Another interesting tire book (in additon to Firestone which is scanned) is the Goodyear Farm book which is .pdf format and is excellent. It is just not all there yet. It recommends the proper weight to go along with the rated HP for tractors to get the proper traction from the tires on the tractor. Kubota must have been reading it because it comes out right on the nose. /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif