Possible to add a mid-mount PTO for a CK3520 for a front snowblower?

/ Possible to add a mid-mount PTO for a CK3520 for a front snowblower? #1  

Mark N

Tractor
CK3520SEHSTCAB
Another first-time tractor buyer here. When I purchased our CK35020 cab, I did not think to ask whether it had a mid-mount PTO. Crawling under the tractor with a flash light, it does not appear to.

is it possible to add a mid-mount PTO if I collect the parts, or does a mid-mount PTO require a completely different rear axle housing?

Thanks!

/ Possible to add a mid-mount PTO for a CK3520 for a front snowblower? #2  
It may be possible, but here's my thinking.

Two types of mowing with a finish mower -
1. a lawn where many shrubs, house, garage to mow around. Better to buy a Zero Turn or a lawn tractor for that kind of mowing, with a built in finish mowing deck. Acquisition cost about 1/2 of Mid Mount Mower

2. wide open spaces - almost pasture, but still lawn. Here a tow behind finish mower will do same job as the Mid Mount Mower but with an acquisition cost of about 1/5th.

/ Possible to add a mid-mount PTO for a CK3520 for a front snowblower? #3  
It may be possible, but here's my thinking.

Two types of mowing with a finish mower -
1. a lawn where many shrubs, house, garage to mow around. Better to buy a Zero Turn or a lawn tractor for that kind of mowing, with a built in finish mowing deck. Acquisition cost about 1/2 of Mid Mount Mower

2. wide open spaces - almost pasture, but still lawn. Here a tow behind finish mower will do same job as the Mid Mount Mower but with an acquisition cost of about 1/5th.
That's cool, but the OP wants to add a snowblower....

/ Possible to add a mid-mount PTO for a CK3520 for a front snowblower? #4  
You're right. I was concentrating on the text, not the title. Thanks for pointing that out.
And a tractor snow blower is a whole lot better than a walk behind

/ Possible to add a mid-mount PTO for a CK3520 for a front snowblower? #5  
I know it's possible on Kubota machines, so I suspect it's an option for Kioti. On the Kubota machines I've looked at it's a small area of the transmission case that gets replaced, along with the internals and shifting components.
I would call your dealer if no one here has experience with adding the mid pto.

/ Possible to add a mid-mount PTO for a CK3520 for a front snowblower? #6  
It is a dealer installed option;
all of the options are dealer installed.
1684676778382.png

/ Possible to add a mid-mount PTO for a CK3520 for a front snowblower? #7  
I have the install instructions for the Mid PTO kit for a CK3510 and CK4010. Looks like it's just the gearbox with the Mid PTO shaft bolts under the tractor, then it's a matter of running all the linkages and levers up to the right place.

Doesn't look to terribly bad.

/ Possible to add a mid-mount PTO for a CK3520 for a front snowblower? #9  
Field install cab is dealer only?

Mirror kit is dealer only?
Options for the CK SE series, dealer installed
1684681551595.png

for the CK SE series with the factory cab; again dealer installed or sold to individuals,
1684681698625.png

I'm not sure what you are asking with your two questions.
But yes the "options" are all dealer sold and installed, they are not installed at the "factory".
I would expect that they could be installed were the tractors are final assembled.

/ Possible to add a mid-mount PTO for a CK3520 for a front snowblower?
I have the install instructions for the Mid PTO kit for a CK3510 and CK4010. Looks like it's just the gearbox with the Mid PTO shaft bolts under the tractor, then it's a matter of running all the linkages and levers up to the right place.

Doesn't look to terribly bad.
This sounds very promising, as the CK3510 and CK3520 drivelines are identical. Do you have the instructions in paper or digital form?