Possible DEF shortages

/ Possible DEF shortages #61  
I never said don’t shop at Walmart. Simply, if you choose to shop at Walmart, understand that their business model includes sourcing as many things offshore as possible. That’s what keeps their prices low and their profits high. That’s their right.

You also have the right to shoes another retailer. That may require you to pay higher prices or travel a hundred miles.

Just don’t complain about it. It’s your choice to make... nobody else’s.

Personally, I don’t spend much money at Walmart. Don’t like the stores, choices, or the clientele. I did stop there last week, though, looking for distilled water... they were out.
What retailer doesn’t source a lot of things offshore? I could go to NAPA, tractor supply, Lowe’s, auto zone and it’s the same thing?
Look, I don’t like Walmart and I ain’t here to be a corporate shill for them, either.
They have reasonably priced DEF, but now they’re always out.
That’s all I’m saying. Why can’t I complain about DEF shortages? I didn’t say they were only at WalMart. I said they were also at NAPA, Lowe’s and other places.
“Don’t like their clientele”?:unsure:

Last edited:
   / Possible DEF shortages #62  
China is not the real problem. It’s the American corporations that shipped all their jobs and product production to China so that they could make more PROFIT.

So if you own stock in an American corporation, look in the mirror to see the real culprit!

/ Possible DEF shortages #63  
China is not the real problem. It’s the American corporations that shipped all their jobs and product production to China so that they could make more PROFIT.

So if you own stock in an American corporation, look in the mirror to see the real culprit!
Consumer demand for cheap goods is a significant contributing factor.
Prime example right here in this thread.

/ Possible DEF shortages #64  
46DBE663-34C3-4CD1-8E83-02D3C27277F7.jpeg

/ Possible DEF shortages #66  
My 96 is mechanical injection. Believe pre 98.5 are. There were a few 24 valve, mechanical injection made during the transition that are highly sought after. Good puller, extremely reliable and fuel economy of anything made since. Last of the bulletproof breed. Yes getting older.
Cummins made 12 valve mechanical engines, and put them in the Dodge Trucks, until December 31, 1997. This included the first of the 98's, hence you see the term 98.5 on many. It means they are mechanical.
I've had a lot of offers, but my 97 isn't leaving me!! Super simple to work on, NO DEF.

George

/ Possible DEF shortages #67  
The US lacks the labor supply, regulatory framework and the basic desire for self sufficiency to regain its position of manufacturing superiority.
Complaining about empty shelves at Walmart is part of the proof. Every single one of us shares in the responsibility.
I have said for 30 years this country is on a path to ruin and that is more evident every day.

No, the US lacks vision and leadership to make things happen.

/ Possible DEF shortages #68  
For the love of Pete! Lots of stores, not just WalMart are struggling to stock DEF

/ Possible DEF shortages #69  
Yep, anything made in China is controlled by them. They can create shortages and surpluses. They can do it as a means of controlling a country’s way of life and national security.
Those items you mentioned are heavily made in China.

This is serious business. People need to wake up and realize that production in the US needs to be restored to levels that can ensure national security and flow of commerce.

If you want to see panic, watch what happens to trucking when DEF can’t be found. The flow of goods STOPS
Only if drivers are dumb enough to just drive newer trucks. the Old boys will keep on rolling and making serious Green!

/ Possible DEF shortages #70  
The DEF shortage is more than likely a container shortage. Production capacity isn’t an issue, or shouldn’t be, anyway.

Only the European vehicle/ engine manufacturers were using it when the EMA started to develop domestic sources to support domestic consumption. The suppliers went from no capacity to full speed in a year or two, including developing a logistics system.

The only real requirement is a good supply of distilled water, and a supply of pure ammonia. Both of which are low capital items with known processes, and 100 percent domestically produced.