Popping noise coming from 3320

/ Popping noise coming from 3320 #1  

sparker133

Silver Member
Tractor
2013 Deere 4320 cab, 180 loader, 485 backhoe, 2021 Deere 1023e, Vermeer trencher, 2022 Deere 26g
I have a 2008 john deere 3320 ehydro. It has 340hrs on it and I just changed all the fluids about 20hrs ago.

When I go forward or reverse no mater what speed I hear and feel a pop coming from the front end. It is not overly loud or hard. It does not matter if it is 4wd or not. The tractor moves a couple feet before I hear it, and only when I go from forward to reverse.

If I am going forward and stop and start going forward again it does not happen

Does anyone have any ideal what this might be, or had this happen to them. :confused: I just hope it is nothing major.:(

Thanks

/ Popping noise coming from 3320 #2  
it is the front axle thrust bolt. it came loose. if you go out right now, ill bet that it is so loose you can turn it by hand. I had the same issue with 50hrs on the machine. you will have to undo the lockbolt and then torque to spec. I forget the torque spec but I can look it up tomorrow if someone doesn't post it before then. I put Loctite on mine last time I adjusted it and hasn't happened since. It is the backlash from the axle that is causing this. here is a picture of the location
bolt.jpg

/ Popping noise coming from 3320
THAT IS AWSOME !!!!!!!!!!!! :cool2:

I just went out side and turned it about a turn and a half.

If someone knows the touque spec that would be great.

Thank you so much, I talked to my john deere dealer and they had no clue what it could be. They wanted me to bring it in of course.

That is a big weight off my sholders. I owe you a beer :drink:

I found it 24 ft-lbs

/ Popping noise coming from 3320 #5  
glad I could help bud. interesting how dealers don't know their own equipment. neither does dodge for the matter. I had a warranty problem with my 2011 cummins diesel that dodge could not replicate but I found the problem through just regular owners on a dodgecumminsforum. unbelievable the world we live in

/ Popping noise coming from 3320 #6  
glad I could help bud. interesting how dealers don't know their own equipment. neither does dodge for the matter. I had a warranty problem with my 2011 cummins diesel that dodge could not replicate but I found the problem through just regular owners on a dodgecumminsforum. unbelievable the world we live in

I believe both of the company's know the problem just looking for the item to be brought into there building so can get a $ return for the work.
The J.D. front end bolt is a standard method of keeping the alignment tension. Both Kubota and J.D. use.
The My Dodge diesel begin blowing fuel from a injector line. Short distance to Dodge repair shop so took it to them . $160 bucks for labor and 85 for the line 4" long with 2 connectors to connect. A cresent wrench would of done same "if" had the line.
A/C wasn't cool took under warrenty unable to locate problem took to repair shop side of road owner there knew what was wrong with out testing. Said happens all the time . The expansion valve blocked .
Then tested and proved the same .
replaced and now 4 years later still no problems in cooling.
ken

I am having the same problems with my chevy dealer.

My 2012 3500 diesel has the auto climate control and the fan pulses. The dealer says it will not do it for them so they cant find the problems.

I told them it is under warranty replace the whole unit.