Popped a bladder seal on a loader lift ram

/ Popped a bladder seal on a loader lift ram #1  

MinnesotaEric

Tractor
Kioti NX6010
Likely because it is cold in Minnesota, I popped a bladder seal on a lifting ram my KL6010 loader. I strongly suspect the loader was originally made by Quicke, a German company, since the loader features German metric hydraulic fasteners.

At any-rate, since Kioti doesn't offer replacement seals, I'll bring the ram over to one of my machine shop for installing a new piston seal, bladder seal and dust seal because they can machine the innards if necessary to get something to work.

/ Popped a bladder seal on a loader lift ram #2  
Yeah, in today's order of things they figure a cylinder is a replaceable item.
More and more with today's labor rates anything under $100. (and growing) is considered throw away, replace only.
Problem then is the dealer has no stock.

But then TBNers are wise in the DIY ways, as well as knowledgeable as to where to go for assistance.
On the other hand I bet that machining to fit alternate seal kit will set you back more than $100.

8 years ago I had to rebuild a loader cylinder at cost of $165.00 which included machining a new shaft*. LOL, he also painted the cylinder at that price.

*shaft was badly scored from a wedged stone and leaked badly.

/ Popped a bladder seal on a loader lift ram #3  
Rather than modify an existing cylinder, I would get out the catalogs and start looking for a pair of cylinders that match that are the correct size. (and me having a little bit of Tim/Toolman Taylor in me) I would consider going a tiny bit larger if there is room for it. Nothing like picking up just a little bit more capacity at the same time, but be careful not to over do it.
If you modify one cylinder, it won't match the other one, and spending twice the money to do both will be more than finding some that will fit off another tractor, etc.
David from jax

/ Popped a bladder seal on a loader lift ram #4  
1 hard knocks.jpg

I'm with you there!

/ Popped a bladder seal on a loader lift ram #5  
Skf makes seals for just about anything, once you fine your sizes, take a look through their site or shoot them an email with dimensions and pressure ratings you need, they'll probably have it.

Hydraulic seals

/ Popped a bladder seal on a loader lift ram #6  
Was at my Kioti dealer yesterday to get a seal kit for a bucket cylinder and they had a box full of seals , seal kits and pistons with the seals on already .

/ Popped a bladder seal on a loader lift ram #8  
I'd probably just buy two similar cylinders unless you find a compatible seal kit. Machine work gets expensive quick.

/ Popped a bladder seal on a loader lift ram
Was at my Kioti dealer yesterday to get a seal kit for a bucket cylinder and they had a box full of seals , seal kits and pistons with the seals on already .

What dealer was that? the parts manual for the KL6010 does not list the three internal seals I need.