Poor L1500

/ Poor L1500 #1  

Anonymous Poster

Got an L1500 in for repairs today. Probaby one of the worst we have seen. The steering wheel goes round and round without turning the front wheels. The exhaust manifold is smashed. The engine is barely visible under the grime. The bonnet is bent .

But it starts, runs, and sound OK. The owner does'nt want to spend much money (naturally).We'll do our best to help him.
The poor hardworking Kubota does not deserve such treatment from anyone.

BillK

/ Poor L1500
Oops,sorry only meant to post once.Computer went mad.

/ Poor L1500 #3  
Someone owns that?? - Scary !

Our local JD dealer has one out the front for sale. Has never been detailed or anything. Looks like crap. How he expects anyone to buy it I have no idea. It is also very expensive.

I can see how farmers just drive things into the ground, unlike us enthusiasts who seem to enjoy our machines.

But how anyone can let something get that bad, I have no idea.

What is it in for??

Can't steer or can't find the engine?? /w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif

Cheers

/ Poor L1500 #4  
Kinda makes you wonder how the owner takes care of his other equipment and home. /w3tcompact/icons/frown.gif

/ Poor L1500
He wants us to fix the steering, find the engine, change the oil once we find it(probably has'nt been done for 10 years),and return it without the battery. Yes, the charging system gave up years ago and he takes the battery out every time to charge.

Would be a lot less hassle to fix it properly, but as always the customer is right, so we let him get on with it.

/ Poor L1500 #6  
<font color=blue>Our local JD dealer has <font color=red>one</font color=red> out the front for sale. Has never been detailed or anything. Looks like crap. How he expects anyone to buy it I have no idea. It is also very expensive.</font color=blue>

I assume that "one" means an old Kubota L1500 or at least an old Kubota. If so, he may be leaving it that way so when customers come to the lot with "shopping for either Kubota and John Deere" on their mind they would be influenced away from Kubotas and toward the newer John Deeres.

I have heard that my local "High Volume" MF dealer just started carrying Kubotas. One of the guys that I work with went shopping there and looking at the Kubotas; apparently the salesman kept putting down the Kubota and steering the potential tractor buyer towards the MF tractors. An old worn out Kubota on the lot would help that mental picture of "Kubotas aren't any good".

Kelvin

/ Poor L1500 #7  
Not all farmers are ... in fact you may be surprised to find many of the enthusiasts here are also farmers or hobby farmers.

"I can see how farmers just drive things into the ground, unlike us enthusiasts who seem to enjoy our machines."

Sounds like this guy may have been using this as a stationary pto.. for a generator or sawmill.... I've seen a setup like this... flat tires, etc..

"Can't steer or can't find the engine"

Chris

/ Poor L1500 #8  
Kelvin

Yes I see your point. He also has some old other models there too, along with some SHINY NEW JD's no maybe that is his ploy. I haven't been back to him since I had some dramas but I see it still sitting there the poor thing !!

Soundguy - Sorry f I offended any farmers who do look after their gear.

I see you are a farmer - I checked your profile - Do you keep the wife in the same paddock as the livestock (Hey it looked funny /w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif)

Cheers

/ Poor L1500 #9  
No offense taken. Yep.. the wife likes to ride the horses so much, that I've been busy putting up arena lights in our riding arena so she can ride at dusk, and at night... so yes.. she's in the same paddock as one of the horse's.. /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

I hate to see a tractor suffering on the roadside or at a business...

later!

"Kelvin
Yes I see your point. He also has some old other models there too, along with some SHINY NEW JD's no maybe that is his ploy. I haven't been back to him since I had some dramas but I see it still sitting there the poor thing !!
Soundguy - Sorry f I offended any farmers who do look after their gear.
I see you are a farmer - I checked your profile - Do you keep the wife in the same paddock as the livestock (Hey it looked funny )
Cheers "

/ Poor L1500 #10  
Update on poor L1500. The steering sector shaft broken. Seems no oil in steering box for considerable time. Lucky we have some good used parts on the shelf to get this one going.

Steering wheel also broken at hub, probably due to the high efforts required to turn steering wheel with no oil in steering box.

Bonnet is bent so bad, it sits up about 10 or 12" above the dash.It just doesn't look like closing . We'll try to bend if back into some sort of shape.
BillK