Pole Chainsaws

/ Pole Chainsaws #71  
I have been using the 12" pruner attachment on my Stihl FS110R for about 10 years now. It is one of my most used (and misused) tools. Works great for pruning, limbing, and even falling smaller trees. It's short enough to carry on my quad and will run about 30-45 minutes on a tank of fuel. It will cut most anything under 10 feet up. The pruner head cost around $225. Well worth it if you already have a Stihl FS power head....Dan.
Short when dissembled, was the original reason we got non telescoping type of saw. Everything must fit in the back of the boss when we are out working.

Thanks for posting Dan. (y) If anyone has pics when using there pole saw, please post them.
boss saw66.jpg
boss at work75.jpg

/ Pole Chainsaws #72  
I have a Husqvarna gas extendable one. 525 something. I love it. Wife said I'll never use it. I use it almost every day.

I took a deck down with it yesterday. Customer was impressed.

/ Pole Chainsaws #73  
I was looking at pole saws and being a Sthil-a-holic, I wandered into the COOP and grabbed one off the display. Holeey crap it was heavy and there is no way I could see myself walking a half a mile driveway up and down hills lifting that thing over my head.

So my buddy turned me onto a Remington brand. Said his has lasted two years and still running/cutting fine:

Remington Pole Saw

So I bought one, light, easy to start and has adequate power. It's ony a 12'-er, but it gest 90% of what I want to reach. I find I have been using the snot out of it, and I am still surprised at how well it works for the price.

/ Pole Chainsaws #74  
I was looking at pole saws and being a Sthil-a-holic, I wandered into the COOP and grabbed one off the display. Holeey crap it was heavy and there is no way I could see myself walking a half a mile driveway up and down hills lifting that thing over my head.

So my buddy turned me onto a Remington brand. Said his has lasted two years and still running/cutting fine:

Remington Pole Saw

So I bought one, light, easy to start and has adequate power. It's ony a 12'-er, but it gest 90% of what I want to reach. I find I have been using the snot out of it, and I am still surprised at how well it works for the price.
Weight and travel size, is why I stay far away from telescoping type pole saws. That remington sure didn't cost much. :unsure:

/ Pole Chainsaws #75  

Remington Pole Saw

Have had my Remington going on 4 years now. Always starts, always cuts. Did leak a little bar oil in the beginning. That seems to have fixed itself. For the price, fits my needs perfectly.

/ Pole Chainsaws #76  
I have the 40V HF Lynx and do the same undercut on branches and let the saw do the work from the top. Lynx is a great tool for the price and I have it on the tractor cut to up 4-6" stuff on the ground to clear downed limbs into manageable lengths.
+1 on the Lynx. I had my doubts at first, but lot of good reviews here on TBN. It's served me well.
A couple months ago our snowmobile club was out doing trail maintenance, and several members of the work crew commented on how impressive it was. Battery life not too bad either, I'd brought a spare battery and by the time the 2nd one was run down, we were ready to call it a day.

Of course, it's been discontinued...

/ Pole Chainsaws #77  
Have had my Remington going on 4 years now. Always starts, always cuts. Did leak a little bar oil in the beginning. That seems to have fixed itself. For the price, fits my needs perfectly.
How many tanks of fuel have you passed through it?

/ Pole Chainsaws #78  
I have the large Stihl pole saw. I think it goes up 16' and I think I paid about $550 for it. It works great until your arms fall off from manipulating it. Great power for a pole saw.
What model?
And what does
I think it goes up 16'
mean?
Is the length of the saw a full 16' or does that include the nominal 5' height they crank in to their advertising calculations?

My cheap HF Lynx lets me reach about 16', when I'm standing on my Kubota M4700. But it's only about 8' long.

But my Echo PPT 280 with 4' extension has a full length of 17' and let's me trim branches about 22' up.

/ Pole Chainsaws #79  
I just got a Greenworks 8" 40V 2AH battery powered pole saw. Partly because I've got a Greenworks 40V weed trimmer a few years ago that still runs strong.

I've had it out twice now and so far it's working gtreat.
Did you mean 8" blade or 8' long?