Polaris RZR 1000S pressed into utility work

/ Polaris RZR 1000S pressed into utility work #1  

MinnesotaEric

Tractor
Kioti NX6010
I got a deal on this thing, so while not the best utility mchine, it is genuinely comfortable. Could use a turf mode as at any speed it'll rip things up in a sharp turn.

44486871875_91c0d54ea2_o.jpg

44486861985_0189c6e091_o.jpg

44486850235_59576985d2_o.jpg

/ Polaris RZR 1000S pressed into utility work #2  
Com'n Eric you know you bought this for fun and justified it with a few work pics. Looking forward to the fun ones. :thumbsup: :D

/ Polaris RZR 1000S pressed into utility work
Com'n Eric you know you bought this for fun and justified it with a few work pics. Looking forward to the fun ones. :thumbsup: :D

I picked it up at auction with 195 miles on it. It needed some work to fix some crash damage and made for three videos on my YouTube channel.

/ Polaris RZR 1000S pressed into utility work #5  
I had a RZR. Lots of fun but next to useless for doing any real work.
They are a heck of a lot of fun! My BIL bought one when he moved to Arizona last year. Lives in a golf course community and it is street legal. We drove out from his garage, out of the gated community and into the desert and canyons and ripped the place up. That thing can go almost anywhere.

So much fun we went to the huge dealer and I almost bought one to take home to WA. Did a little research and learned that while my county is blessed with miles and miles of trails open to ATVs, they are not allowed on the public roads. That killed my enthusiasm as I did not want to have to trailer it and thought it would be great to run down to our local general store or marina on a whim.

Dang it! But probably best that I didn't drop $15K on an off road hot rod!

/ Polaris RZR 1000S pressed into utility work #6  
Eri have you found lots of uses for this particular machine. By the way I always enjoy your write ups

/ Polaris RZR 1000S pressed into utility work #7  
They are a heck of a lot of fun! My BIL bought one when he moved to Arizona last year. Lives in a golf course community and it is street legal. We drove out from his garage, out of the gated community and into the desert and canyons and ripped the place up. That thing can go almost anywhere.

So much fun we went to the huge dealer and I almost bought one to take home to WA. Did a little research and learned that while my county is blessed with miles and miles of trails open to ATVs, they are not allowed on the public roads. That killed my enthusiasm as I did not want to have to trailer it and thought it would be great to run down to our local general store or marina on a whim.

Dang it! But probably best that I didn't drop $15K on an off road hot rod!

Yep. Both Arizona and Utah allow these to be licensed for the street, with restrictions. So when I drove by the local Polaris dealer the other day and saw a Ranger XP1000 Northstar Edition (full cab with glass windows, roll-up windows in the doors no less, and heat AND air conditioning) I darn near pulled out my checkbook.

But then I remembered that Nevada does not allow these things on pavement, and even in Utah the below sign is going up in a lot of the National Parks and Monuments (which seems to be most of southern Utah), so sanity prevailed. For now I'll stick with my Jeep Wrangler.
ATVs Prohibited resized.jpg

/ Polaris RZR 1000S pressed into utility work
Eri have you found lots of uses for this particular machine. By the way I always enjoy your write ups

I sure have found other uses for it--and this is when every ATV and utility UTV looks on with a bit of envy. :laughing:

/ Polaris RZR 1000S pressed into utility work #9  
Great use of a fun machine thanks for sharing

/ Polaris RZR 1000S pressed into utility work #10  
I sure have found other uses for it--

I have an original Polaris RZR (2008?) and I use it on my rural property a LOT. If I need across the property quickly-- nothing beats it. If I need to go patrol the perimiter or check fences, etc.-- nothing beats it.

I frequently put a shovel, rake, chain saw, whatever in the passenger side and then go do some work. It's much easier carrying that kind of stuff compared to the tractor.

I sometimes stack a load of wood on the back, but admittedly there is not much room there. I do use a 4x8 utility trailer behind it-- filling it up and bringing the debris to a central area to be chipped. I'm careful not to tow too heavy of a trailer-- I'm leery of the drive mechanism getting overtaxed and my trailer hitch mount is something just above a joke.

When I bought it, it was the lightest machine with the biggest engine on the market. So, yeah, it is fun too ...