Polaris Ranger Airconditioned Cab Edition

/ Polaris Ranger Airconditioned Cab Edition #1  

Old Red

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota M6800 HDC
So in 2010 I finally broke down and bought a Polaris Ranger side by side after wanting one for years. I actually sold a business I had and just used a small part of the proceeds and bought myself the 800 HD Model. Ended up putting a steel full cab on it and all sorts of otters stuff. It has been a great machine over the last 7 years and I truly LOVE and have not regretted the purchase one bit.

I figured I would keep this thing forever until I see now they have one that has an air conditioned cab! Wow, how nice would that be for spraying or any other types of summer work? I am tempted....this thing is about double what I paid for mine except that it comes with all the stuff I had to add on. I know Kubota has had an air conditioned cab for a very long time, but it is really geared too much on the work side. I like to both play and work on my ranger. I believe this is the first gas powered side by side with AC. Anyone ever used one? I started a 2017 model up Saturday and turned the AC on. It blows really hard. Much harder than my aftermarket heater I put in my ranger. Anyway, just seeing what your thoughts are on it.

/ Polaris Ranger Airconditioned Cab Edition #2  
I guess, I'll wade out into this first.

Like you I bought an '11 ranger but chose to buy the Sage Diesel for work around the farm. Grunt work

When the Brutus came out I attempted to buy one but am thankful I didn't as the A/C has proven to be less than stellar in the Florida heat.

The General, however, is a different kettle of fish. The engine is large enough to cope with minding the load of the compressor even at idle for the HVAC.

Buuuuut, Jumping Jehosaphat!! For that much money I'll buy a used Jeep and be able to drive it to the Grocery.

Even rebuilding a classic Willys jeep would make more sense than what Polaris is asking it's customers to do with their money.

In the end, the Willys will appreciate in value as it ages.

Sorry, I'm not a fan of spending that kind of money on a play vehicle.

My Ranger hasn't seen the dealer in 6 yrs and I work it hard but I'm also a stickler for PM.

/ Polaris Ranger Airconditioned Cab Edition
I guess, I'll wade out into this first.

Like you I bought an '11 ranger but chose to buy the Sage Diesel for work around the farm. Grunt work

When the Brutus came out I attempted to buy one but am thankful I didn't as the A/C has proven to be less than stellar in the Florida heat.

The General, however, is a different kettle of fish. The engine is large enough to cope with minding the load of the compressor even at idle for the HVAC.

Buuuuut, Jumping Jehosaphat!! For that much money I'll buy a used Jeep and be able to drive it to the Grocery.

Even rebuilding a classic Willys jeep would make more sense than what Polaris is asking it's customers to do with their money.

In the end, the Willys will appreciate in value as it ages.

Sorry, I'm not a fan of spending that kind of money on a play vehicle.

My Ranger hasn't seen the dealer in 6 yrs and I work it hard but I'm also a stickler for PM.

I hear ya man. It is crazy. I had a 2013 Wrangler I wrangled my uncle into taking me to the auto auction "Manheim" and purchased it with 10 thousand miles. I paid $28 grand for it, drove it a year and sold it for $30 grand. That will never ever ever ever happen with a side by side. I am still on the fence and have not purchased one and likely will not. But I will say this, out of the very few things I have purchased that take a mega depreciation hit such as a Polaris Rnager or ATV.....my Ranger has been one of those purchases that I have not regretted or feel guilty about.....ganted it was a 10 thousand dollar ranger not a 20 thousand dollar ranger. I've been looking at the Kubota RTVs as well, but we just ride too much for pleasure for me to get one of those.

/ Polaris Ranger Airconditioned Cab Edition #4  
I really don't see the point of a/c or even a cab. I'm gonna be out working with my ATVs in good weather. I'm not gonna be out there in bad weather. I could see, checking on a herd on a large spread in Texas, where AC would be a must, even in my book. But then, why not just use your p/u?

Do you have any idea what that a/c will cost to repair on a UTV? Just for shiits and giggles, ask the dealer what a compressor costs?

Also, getting in and out of an air conditioned vehicle or building often in high temperatures will probably make you sick. I found out about that in the 70s already.

/ Polaris Ranger Airconditioned Cab Edition
Yeah no telling....but I tell ya...I have a cab on my regular ranger since I bought it 7 years ago and I LOVE that cab. I can take the doors off and prop up the front windshield in nice weather and close it up during bad weather. I can go check my deer cameras on my lunch break in my dress clothes and a light jacket. I also do a lot of spraying with my Rnager. I have a very nice and expensive F/S UTV 100 gallon UTV sprayer and the cab keeps the nasty pesticides off of me. I spray a lot of round up ready alfalafa and the roundup doesn't bother me near as much as the insecticides. So when it is freezing in the winter and I am checking cameras with the little man or plowing snow the cab is fantastic. In the summer when spraying and doing summer time chores I suspect he air conditioning would be great as well. But it is a hefty price....just like a cab on a tractor.

/ Polaris Ranger Airconditioned Cab Edition #6  
I think it's going to be a big seller. A lot of people are putting aftermarket or add on cabs on their UTV's. I'd love to have a UTV around for plowing and working in the woods, and have always been really interested in the Honda Pioneer 1000-5. I recently priced one out on the website, with a heater and full hard cab enclosure. It was $24k, and this is for a lesser quality cab than Polaris offers, and in addition, it doesn't have an A/C option. I don't think the price for the Ranger cab package is all that bad. :confused3:

Buying everything separately, I think you'd have more into it than that.

Capture.JPG