Polaris Ranger 800 EFI 4X4 value?

/ Polaris Ranger 800 EFI 4X4 value? #21  
I have a 2010 800 HD and I have had zero issues with it, it is an awesome machine. My buddy has a 2020 Ranger 1000 with the engine under the box and based on our experiences my 2010 gets better traction than the 2020. Maybe it's because it's better balanced with the engine being located closer to the front. I will say that in the summertime you can feel the heat radiating from under the seat but, to me it's no big deal.

Again you are clueless.:ROFLMAO:
🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

/ Polaris Ranger 800 EFI 4X4 value? #22  
I've owned a dozen or so Polaris Sportsman regular 4x4's since 1998. Usually buy 2 at a time. I've never put a penny into any of them. I'm not really brand loyal except to say that Polaris is a customer of mine. I look at all brands when it's time to buy and most have crap old conduit pipe racks or are built for small people or have wimpy suspensions and cost more than the Sportsman. Next toy however will be a Kawasaki KRX Teryx 1000.

/ Polaris Ranger 800 EFI 4X4 value? #23  
I had a 2010 800 XP. Decent machine, but the heat is bothersome in the summer. I would not buy another.

I have a Kawasaki now. It is the only brand with a three year warranty

/ Polaris Ranger 800 EFI 4X4 value? #24  
Good writeup Pete, I have the Curtis cab on mine with the tip open windshield and it's great in the heat of summer. I use mine for everything around the farm and it's been as reliable as the day is long. I would buy another without hesitation.

/ Polaris Ranger 800 EFI 4X4 value? #25  
Just a tip for you guys that have issues with the heat on the earlier 800 models, insulate under the seat and around the under seat structure. It will make a big difference.

/ Polaris Ranger 800 EFI 4X4 value? #26  
Good writeup Pete, I have the Curtis cab on mine with the tip open windshield and it's great in the heat of summer. I use mine for everything around the farm and it's been as reliable as the day is long. I would buy another without hesitation.
Agreed. Not sure who made the metal cab for Polaris in 2010 but I wouldn't be surprised if Curtis was involved. I wouldn't have a problem buying another 800 but I probably won't need to since it will probably outlast me. Anytime you buy used condition is everything. Buying anything new has gotten out of control on price unless that is not a concern. I don't think you could go wrong with any brand but at the time (2010) when I bought mine it had the best suspension and ground clearance of all the brands which was important when I am crawling over downed limbs or getting into tight spaces. The Ranger also had a good sized rear box for hauling loads. Seems like the latest trend is to raise the hp of these types of vehicles (and their prices). Might be a concern for a RXR in a sand dune but not when I'm out in the woods or in the fields.

/ Polaris Ranger 800 EFI 4X4 value?
Well, I waited around too long and missed the chance to buy it. My neighbor put it back up on Craig's list for $10,000. He was FLOODED with phone calls asking about it. Within one hour, he was offered his asking price. An hour after that, the buyer was here to pick it up.

/ Polaris Ranger 800 EFI 4X4 value? #28  
Darn

it would have been perfect to offer the 9k when it didn’t sell the 1st time

I hate it when that happens!

the other one that always gets me is showing up and finding out there are “extra parts” to go with the brokered purchase for more $.

I have kicked myself more than once for not springing for the “extras”

good luck on your search

/ Polaris Ranger 800 EFI 4X4 value? #29  
That sucks John. Though a few posts ago it wasn't worth any more than $7K. I have an 07 700 that's worth that, or more. Every single one of these brands of SxS has good and bad points. If you find one in good shape that you like, buy it or it will be gone tomorrow.

/ Polaris Ranger 800 EFI 4X4 value?
I'm back to the plan of getting at least one of my two antique Coots running again. One needs the fuel tank replaced and the fuel system cleaned out and engine tuned. The other I need to replace bearings and seals in the transmission. This 1960s era stuff is pretty easy to work on, I just need to get around to it. (unfortunatley, I can't quite get the good transmission from one to fit in the other. They are supposedly identical, but apparently there were some minor changes at one point.)