Polaris Ranger 800 EFI 4X4 value?

/ Polaris Ranger 800 EFI 4X4 value? #1  

John_Mc

Elite Member
Tractor
NH TC33D Modified with belly pan, limb risers & FOPS. Honda Pioneer 520 & antique Coot UTV
My neighbors inherited a 2014 Polaris Ranger 800 EFI 4X4. Power steering, manual dump bed, 750 miles. Not a scratch on it, starts and runs well. (no winch or other accessories)

I'm thinking of buying it from him.

Any idea of a fair value for it? Neither of us is looking to make a killing here. We just want a fair price.

A dealer told them that $9000 would be the low end of the price range. They listed it on Facebook marketplace for $10,000 and did not get any serious interest.

any ideas of a fair price?

Last edited:
   / Polaris Ranger 800 EFI 4X4 value? #2  
Year? I‘ve got a XP800 that’s a 2011 if memory serves me correct. At that point, the engine is directly under the seat. Makes for a hot seat and ride. I’ve had more than my share of issues with it related to the heat (failed wiring and sensors). I keep it at my hunting property and it otherwise does a respectable job. It will go just about anywhere. Although, I’d never buy another one with that location for the engine and electronics. If the one your‘re looking at is in that model year range, I’d think $9-10K is quite high. The issues I’ve had are not isolated. Polaris makes wiring harness repair kits to repair those known issues.

I recently bought a new 2021 XP1000 Northstar. 10 years newer and a much better overall design. The jury is still out regarding long term durability.

/ Polaris Ranger 800 EFI 4X4 value?
Thanks for that info.

Where do they put the engine if not under the seat?

/ Polaris Ranger 800 EFI 4X4 value? #4  
Thanks for that info.

Where do they put the engine if not under the seat?

My 2019 is under the bed.

I think 7K is reasonable.

This is a 2014 - I just edited the original post to include that info.

I'll have to check the engine location.

/ Polaris Ranger 800 EFI 4X4 value? #6  
My neighbor has a Polaris 800, no idea the yr. His is white if that helps ID the year. He says his gets hot, seat area, and he complains it takes a special battery that is spendy.

/ Polaris Ranger 800 EFI 4X4 value? #7  
Here’s a pic of mine for identification purposes. FWIW, I wouldn’t buy another one of this vintage because of the engine location. In my case, i’ve owned this one since new and know it’s history, so for what I’d get out of it, I’ll continue to use it for my hunting property.

Attachments

• AAA00589-E29A-4511-AF0B-7AB5413527C4.jpeg
    AAA00589-E29A-4511-AF0B-7AB5413527C4.jpeg
    3.6 MB · Views: 108
Does the color indicate the year or some model revision? This one is red.

/ Polaris Ranger 800 EFI 4X4 value? #9  
Easy ID is to lift the seat. If there is an engine under there, personally, I’d pass. Battery will be under the front hood. My 2021 the engine is under the box…storage and battery under the seat.