PO'ed Veteran

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / PO'ed Veteran #1  

20 20

Elite Member
What's next? Today I get ID'd at home depot for.......... liquid nail caulk, WOW. We just keep letting the freedoms fly off into the wind so we can have more laws, rules, and regulations forced upon us, WHEN WILL IT STOP ? When is enough going to be enough, when they tell us who to marry, when to go to the head, when lights are out etc.... It's time for folks to start voting for freedoms{what is right and wrong} not for $$$$$$ and bureaucratic red tape BS.. Okay I'm done ranting now just 1 vet mad as heck as to where things are headed.

/ PO'ed Veteran #2  
Did you ask for and receive your 10% veteran discount at HD? If not , go back. They always give 10% as does Lowes. Menards only does it on Veteran's day.:thumbsup:

AND thank you for your service.

/ PO'ed Veteran #3  
"Those Who Sacrifice Liberty For Security Deserve Neither"

Benjamin Franklin

/ PO'ed Veteran #4  
We just keep letting the freedoms fly off into the wind so we can have more laws, rules, and regulations forced upon us, WHEN WILL IT STOP ?

Please tell us what freedom it was that you gave up at HD? Convenience maybe...but I don't see any freedoms being abused. Would you feel the same if asked to show ID at a liquor store? I love it when I present a credit card and they ask for ID also. The store wishes to not sell certain items to minors. If we take away their tools for doing that, whose freedoms are then being abused? Yes, showing your ID to buy Liquid Nails or glue is a pain, but it's a loss of convenience, not a loss of freedom in my opinion.:)

/ PO'ed Veteran #5  
This is just the start of things to come, they just make it harder for law abiding citizens to do what they normally would do day to day. The criminals will just find a different way to get what they want. Forgive me for asking.....why liquid nails???:confused:

/ PO'ed Veteran #6  
What's next? Today I get ID'd at home depot for.......... liquid nail caulk, WOW. We just keep letting the freedoms fly off into the wind so we can have more laws, rules, and regulations forced upon us, WHEN WILL IT STOP ? When is enough going to be enough, when they tell us who to marry, when to go to the head, when lights are out etc.... It's time for folks to start voting for freedoms{what is right and wrong} not for $$$$$$ and bureaucratic red tape BS.. Okay I'm done ranting now just 1 vet mad as heck as to where things are headed.

I am with you 100%, I am putting off getting my winter package of cold and sinus "over the counter" meds. Last fall I had to go to the pharmacy at the back of the store, show my drivers license, give my social security #, birth date and sign a release and sign my credit card receipt. Oh yea, you can only get 1 box of the medication at a time. Pitiful!! Ken Sweet

/ PO'ed Veteran #7  
The economy has hit drug users too...so cheap compounds that emit vapors that (can) cause hallucinations when inhaled have become a target of "cheap thrill" seekers...

just what this country needs...more future voters with depleted brain cell counts...

/ PO'ed Veteran #8  
WHEN WILL IT STOP ? When is enough going to be enough, when they tell us who to marry, when to go to the head, when lights are out etc.... It's time for folks to start voting for freedoms.

Thats just simply the way it is ... if more people thought the same and stood together WE could regain controll

/ PO'ed Veteran #9  
The economy has hit drug users too...so cheap compounds that emit vapors that (can) cause hallucinations when inhaled have become a target of "cheap thrill" seekers...

just what this country needs...more future voters with depleted brain cell counts...

I'm not as worrird about depleted brains cells on the voters as much as I am about depleted brains cells on the candidates. Only difference it's legal for politians as a DR. has given them a presciption.

I get aggravated about showing my driver's license also, but with identy theft so common I will bite the bullet and accept it.

/ PO'ed Veteran #10  
Funny, one of my friends just complained to me about losing his credit card and someone used it to buy food at the grocery. He complained that the store did not ask to see the drivers license of the person using the card so that they could have been able to tell that it was not his card.

He had to pay for the $40 purchase because he had not yet reported the card stolen.

The store could have protected my friend from credit card theft if they had checked drivers licenses.

So I guess some people will complain if you don't check drivers licenses and some will complain if you do even if it is only to protect you from a thief using your card. :confused2:

Status
Not open for further replies.