PLEASE, NEED HELP--BRANSON F4350 FARM TRACTOR

/ PLEASE, NEED HELP--BRANSON F4350 FARM TRACTOR #1  

papa1

I purchased an F4350 from a dealer in Terrell, Texas (who no longer is a Branson dealer). I purchased because it spec'd out good, saw and drove one while I was in Texas on a work assignment. Liked it, bought it. Downside, I live near Albuquerque, NM, and not a dealer anywhere close for service. I purchased the tractor in 3/2002, have used alot, like the performance. Not a problem until recently when
I used the tractor for about an hour, turned off,
came a short while later, and you gussed it---the
engine won't start. Checked the battery-OK, checked the safety start features, including the
safety closure switches below the FORWARD/REVERSE
control lever. Plenty of power at the starter, plenty of power at the ignition switch. Can't locate the problem....the tractor has what looks like starter (power relays) and a "controller".
How can I check the relays and controller---well
don't really know what's going on. Would appreciate all the help I can get from the experts
and old timers, or young timers. NEED SOME HELP!!
It's Spring, and time when I need the tractor the most.
Any help appreciated & thanks!
Papa1

/ PLEASE, NEED HELP--BRANSON F4350 FARM TRACTOR #2  
papa1
Have you called Branson directly. I would think Branson must have a tech dept where you can get some help. hope that helps.
Happy Tractoring
Chipperman

/ PLEASE, NEED HELP--BRANSON F4350 FARM TRACTOR #3  
Did you check the PTO lever? This has tripped me up more than once----it also has a safety switch--if not in off position ,the tractor will not start.

dancce

/ PLEASE, NEED HELP--BRANSON F4350 FARM TRACTOR #4  
check all your grounds

there is a wire on the left side of the engine, about 1/2 way back, that grounds the engine and the frame...remove it, repare it or replace it. there is another ground going from the battery to the frame.. remove, repare or replace.

You can never have too much ground. Weird things start to happen whenever you loose some of the ground.

Ckeck the ground wires / cables real good. Check for what I call "black wire disease. (corrosion going up the wire and inside the plastic) clead all the posts and everywhere it grounds to the frame / engine.