Please help...47 or 57 HP series 3?

/ Please help...47 or 57 HP series 3? #11  
I would definitely choose the 357 but either one should work pretty nicely. The extra 2 gallons of fuel would be nice and handy.

/ Please help...47 or 57 HP series 3?
Well, one of the members here really through me a curve ball...he was all set to buy a 357 when he came upon the TYM T574...now he has me looking at a T494 that I had a chance to drive today. some of the things that appear better:

1. A true 3rd function option. up/down buttons built in the joystick at the factory. just hook up the hoses and a small kit ($850 installed) and you are able to use all 3 functions at the same time. the lines to the front are METAL not hoses.
2. Total bucket lift is 110 inch vs 94...man this is a big deal when stacking brush for a fire.
3. 100 lb more loader lift
4. 1000lb more 3 point lift
5. 7 gallon larger fuel tank
6. I can get a 49 HP motor WITHOUT a turbo and complications that can come with that. Motor has no computer, no sensors and the def system is a stand alone detachable module that can be disconnected at any time. If you get the motor started it will keep running until you turn it off...it can't get turned off by a computer issue.
7. It still has the rear controls for the 3 point so you dont have to go back and forth into the cab.
8. It has an actual height adjustment knob on the seat in addition to the bounce tension. The arm rests are not adjustable like the LS
9. It has the option of 3 rear remotes and space for a 3rd control level in the console
10. the cabin is much larger, I am 6 1 and it has a foot of headroom vs a few inches in the LS
11. better visibility as the pillars of the cab are thinner
12. it is quieter than the LS
13. it is $5k less than the LS

I don't know guys, this has really given me pause.

Thoughts?

/ Please help...47 or 57 HP series 3? #15  
Don't get your hopes too high on running 3 functions at once. That most likely won't happen with pretty much any compact tractor on the market. Just not enough flow to use everything at once.

That's why in real world operation, there isn't much difference on having a "true" 3rd function vs a diverter valve other than the way those work, but still won't do 3 functions at the same time. The diverter on the other hand, will give you the ability to feather the controls vs only ON/OFF in the 3rd function.

TYM makes some great tractors, don't discount the former Branson models too. Built even beefier, heavier and stronger. Plus, that Kukje engine with little to no electronics it's just the icing on top of the cake.

thanks ptsg...in the real world is there enough power to operate all 3 with an empty grapple/bucket so you can reset after you dump the load on the pile and are driving back for more?

Anyone know how the speed of the bucket operation is on the LS vs the TYM?

/ Please help...47 or 57 HP series 3? #17  
I have an MT347HC and love everything but the loader dump speed. It’s pretty slow. The loader arms are a bit short vs other brands, but I don’t need to stack or pile anything over 6 feet. It runs my 72” Bush Hog just fine as well.

No problems with the various components so far in my 170 hours. Computer control is just something I’ve learned to accept in tractors, cars, electric motors, etc.

/ Please help...47 or 57 HP series 3? #19  
Well, one of the members here really through me a curve ball...he was all set to buy a 357 when he came upon the TYM T574...now he has me looking at a T494 that I had a chance to drive today. some of the things that appear better:

1. A true 3rd function option. up/down buttons built in the joystick at the factory. just hook up the hoses and a small kit ($850 installed) and you are able to use all 3 functions at the same time. the lines to the front are METAL not hoses.
2. Total bucket lift is 110 inch vs 94...man this is a big deal when stacking brush for a fire.
3. 100 lb more loader lift
4. 1000lb more 3 point lift
5. 7 gallon larger fuel tank
6. I can get a 49 HP motor WITHOUT a turbo and complications that can come with that. Motor has no computer, no sensors and the def system is a stand alone detachable module that can be disconnected at any time. If you get the motor started it will keep running until you turn it off...it can't get turned off by a computer issue.
7. It still has the rear controls for the 3 point so you dont have to go back and forth into the cab.
8. It has an actual height adjustment knob on the seat in addition to the bounce tension. The arm rests are not adjustable like the LS
9. It has the option of 3 rear remotes and space for a 3rd control level in the console
10. the cabin is much larger, I am 6 1 and it has a foot of headroom vs a few inches in the LS
11. better visibility as the pillars of the cab are thinner
12. it is quieter than the LS
13. it is $5k less than the LS

I don't know guys, this has really given me pause.

Thoughts?
Sounds like an easy decision.
I'd consider the dealership distance and capability as well, do they both have mechanics and work bays? Do you get a good feeling about their longevity in the market for years down the road when you need parts and service?

TYM wasn't around me when I was looking and I had not heard good things about the Branson line.
Today if I was in the market, I would definitely give TYM a good look.

That is one reason we ordered a berco...dedicated HP to the snowblower and the ability to lift it far off the ground to take on the 10 ft drifts from the top down. That said, if we are going to go with a turbo tractor might as well get all the HP we can in the class. At this point however, the appeal of a 49HP non ECM motor is very attractive