Play time only moments away!

/ Play time only moments away! #1  

Farmwithjunk

Tractor
Where do I begin.....
Winter isn't even officially here, but the weather sure looks like it's here.

Winter storm WARNINGS in effect today. Weather guessers are calling for 4" to 6" of the white stuff. (A couple meteorologist's are saying 6" to 9", but they usually over-estimate) It's supposed to start around noon, and be over by 9PM. Looks like I get to push some snow tonight!

And don't you know I'm definately proud to have a PAVED driveway for the first time in my life! No more gravel in the grass this spring!

Now where's that rock salt at.............?

/ Play time only moments away! #2  
Had our first snow of the year yesterday and overnight. About 10" of the fluffy white stuff, would be a lotta fun to play in, except the outside temp is -8 right now with wind chill of -25.

Probably will bundle up pretty soon and play a little in it, but not as much as I'd like.

You're about to get the storm that passed through here last night.

Have fun!!

/ Play time only moments away! #3  
Farmwhithjunk looks like you guy's are going to get hit pretty hard, I'm following the same storm in hopes that I will get to play too /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif...cag

/ Play time only moments away!
Being south of the Mason-Dixon line disqualifies us for knowing how to deal with snow. It doesn't take anything more than PREDICTED snow to cause widespread panic. /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

In 1994 we had 17" in 24 hours for the biggest single day snowfall on record. Last year, we got 28" over a 2-1/2 day span. Those two events literally shut the world down for a few days. 4 or 5 inches is right at crisis point. I'm not at all looking forward to the drive home this afternoon.

The main highway I drive is "The Gene Snyder Freeway". It's affectionately known in this area as "The Gene Slider". Funny thing is, when it snows (or ice) 90% of the wrecks I see on the "Slider" involve ya-hoo's in 4WD's.

/ Play time only moments away! #5  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">(
<font color="blue">Now where's that rock salt at.............? </font> )</font>

Oooo, how about kitty litter instead? Wont harm the grass, concrete or asphalt.

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( </font><font color="blueclass=small">(
<font color="blue">Now where's that rock salt at.............? </font> )</font>

Oooo, how about kitty litter instead? Wont harm the grass, concrete or asphalt. )</font>

Actually, I don't use anything. Just joshin' about the rock salt.

/ Play time only moments away! #7  
Obviously, like me then, we need something better to do with our time. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif Right now, too wet for what I want to do and too early to move that "white stuff" around. Decisions, decisions. Maybe after another cup of coffee.

/ Play time only moments away! #8  
And, by the way, did you know that the sand /aslt road mix is really bad on gravel drives?? Found that out the wrong way too. /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

/ Play time only moments away! #9  
We didn't get any real big snow fall this year yet, but it's bound to happen, looks like that Gene Snyder Freeway is going to be pain for the drive home /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gifgood luck... cag

Now don't get me wrong. I'm all in favor of protecting our children. But this is ridiculous! "They" have just called off school, and are now sending home all of the kids in Jefferson County/Louisville city. AND WE HAVEN'T HAD THE FIRST FLAKE OF SNOW!

Way back when I was in school, "they" didn't let us out for love nor money. (Some will tell you "they" hadn't invented snow [or weather for that matter] when I was a youngster)
Now whenever there's so much as a prediction of snow, home they go. This way, they can get out and terrorize the neighborhood, catch their death of cold, and miss 6 weeks MORE school.

RANT, RANT, RANT, ect..............

I need my coffee.