Platinum equity....anyone work for them

/ Platinum equity....anyone work for them #2  
No - but the promo tag line on their web page has that familiar smell I often get when going down my driveway and the neighbors cows have been eating too much green grass. I think Michael Douglas worked for this company in the 1987 movie - Wall Street.

/ Platinum equity....anyone work for them #3  
One company (blue line rentals) is a competitor. If I remember right, they used to be Volvo rents. Only interaction was when they were Volvo rents, and they did some warranty work on a large compressor for us.

I've worked on some equipment on some rig sites where key energy was drilling.

Only interaction with them was a car accident of all things. Some old lady decided to try and off herself and crossed the line head on into one of there passenger vans at the last second. Wife and I happened to come around the corner just after the accident happened.

/ Platinum equity....anyone work for them #4  
Anyone work for one of the 200+ companies that this place has bought up in the last 25 years?

Platinum Equity >> The Portfolio

No, Not that firm, per se. But I did work for one for a number of years, one that snatched up a wide variety of distressed businesses in every state and just about every country. Guess what - they're out of business now. As are many of the firms that they snatched up.

My advice is to stay away from that sort.

/ Platinum equity....anyone work for them
My advice is to stay away from that sort.

Don't have much choice.

The $3B company I work for.....which has about 3 different divisions....just sold 51% of our devision to them. Which our division is something like 5 or 6 plants across the US, each probably employing 300 people

/ Platinum equity....anyone work for them #6  
I used to work for a specialy division for a rental company that was bought out by an investment firm. Within a month, both shop mechanics got the axe. One was 3 months from being able to qualify for the company pension. Guy was 6 months from retiring. He found a lawyer.

Company went down from there. We had cut backs, on top of cut backs. Got to a point every parts purchase was questioned, and approval was slow to come by. Leading to a back log of equipment that needed to be fixed. Which really made it hard to keep customers happy.

Then the investment firm went belly up and was bought out by a large bank.

More lay offs happened at my location. And a h@ll no to buying parts. Turned into a rob Peter to pay Paul philosophy. Which lead to transferring an issue from one piece of equipment to another. Business dropped even more.

It dropped down to two guys in the shop. Me and a driver. Me handling all repairs in the shop and field. And constantly on call. At that point I asked for a review and raise. They said nope, and I left and went to work for a competitor. They closed down the shop and consolidated it in with a gen rent branch 3 weeks later. After 6 years, they quit the specialty division all together

The company is still operational, but went from the number one rental company in the states to number 5.

Me leaving worked out for the best though. Company I went to to work for got bought out 5 years ago by another rental company. After the first experience I was justifiably leary, but decided to stick it out. Company I work for now is listed in Forbes magazine as the number 1 best employer in the country.

My advise is to stick it out to see if things continue as business as usual. But have a plan "B" just in case :D

/ Platinum equity....anyone work for them
Plan B is to just not work anymore. Stay at home dad.