Plastic Replacement on B2100 HSD

/ Plastic Replacement on B2100 HSD #1  

KuboB1200

While I was dismounting my tractor yesterday, the hammer loop on my coveralls caught on the three point float adjustment knob and did a great job of tearing the plastic up.

I have the new plastic ordered, but I'm curious how the end knobs on the three point and 4WD levers come off in order to get the new plastic in place.

Do these just pull off or is there a trick to this? They seem to be held in place rather snugly.

Thanks,

Kubo

/ Plastic Replacement on B2100 HSD #2  
They just pull off. It will feel like they are glued on but some pulling and prying should get them off. Use a screw driver to break their seal to the controlls and if that doesn't get them off squirt some penitrating oil up underneath and in the hole on top if it has one. Blowing some compressed air under the knob also helps. A little "sweet talking" to it might also be in order! Good luck.

/ Plastic Replacement on B2100 HSD
DD,

Thank you.

K

/ Plastic Replacement on B2100 HSD #4  
I had the misfortune of busting up the rear corner of my BX plastic. I had to order the entire one piece "fender" which is of course the plastic that extends from the footpan all the way back.. one piece. In order to get the old one off I had to remove the floor pan and mat, the ROPS, Seat assembly and all of the control knobs. All but one knob pulled right off.. but I just couldn't get the adjustment knob for the mower deck off. No set screw.. but it was like it was bolted on. I called the dealer and the mechanic told me.. naaah.. they just pull off but sometimes they can be pretty tight. Two days later I gave up.. ordered a new knob figuring I'd booger the sucker up tearing or cutting it off. After I'd ordered the replacement.. I went out and gave it one last big tug and VOILA! it came off.

wouldn't you figure as much.